Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MILWAUKEE ROAD Spokane Extension

Oliver,

This is great news.
    Thanks a lot.

Randy

And finally it's available to download! Let's test it, and help to improve it! Please post your problems or other suggestions here. Or if everything is fine, enjoy it

Work continues with Great Northern's Hillyard, and heading east...

I want to thank Oliver for enhancing this route. As you all know, Lukas Lussar was able to take my piddling results and
    create almost unbelievable routes from them. To do that, he did not do anything with the track except where two
    routes were joined. In the case of the RMD-west, I had not done track between Deer Lodge and Alberton, i.e. the
    3rd part of the RMD, so when I did that for Lukas, I aligned the tracks at the join point as closely as I could and he
    was able to do that merge with little effort.

Confession: I started in HO in 1953 at the tender age of 14, and one thing I learned early was that I could visualize
    scenery but never produce it decently. I focused on the L&N and there was little or no rolling stock available for
    that road until the late 70s but which time I was on the road most of the time, working for the Southern, and so
    when I finally had space in early 1999, I laid the track, but then MSTS showed up. While I am not very good at
    doing the scenery with that either, I strive for accuracy for the track & at least the main roads, and I do most of
    the bridges. And by 2014, when I finally gave up on HO and my wife took the room as her hobby room, I had
    scads of L&N equipment - enough to make a grown man cry, so one day it will be given away, or sold. I have
    already given most of my other equipment to a friend that is just starting out.

So the bottom line, is if anyone wants to improve any of my routes, have at it - I know you will scenic it better
    than I ever could. And yes, 2 weeks ago I was 81.

J. H. Sullivan

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    So the bottom line, is if anyone wants to improve any of my routes, have at it - I know you will scenic it better
    than I ever could. And yes, 2 weeks ago I was 81.
    J. H. Sullivan
    Happy belated Birthday ... thank you so much for all your time and effort in creating the routes, and allowing others to add and modify them. Very Generous.
    happy birthday.jpgThumbsUp_Big.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I have to wonder what Oliver2 used to create these archives. When I unzip the zip files, I get a series of
    files with extensions of .001, .002, .003 etc. The other zip file contains shapes & textures. This series
    of sequential numbered files suggests a spanned zip archive, but there is no .zip file for it. So what is
    needed to create the route from the archive?

J. H. Sullivan

7zip opens the first file and then they run in sequence from there. I was also looking for a zip file to start but it worked by just clicking on the .001 file.

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    I have to wonder what Oliver2 used to create these archives. When I unzip the zip files, I get a series of
    files with extensions of .001, .002, .003 etc. The other zip file contains shapes & textures. This series
    of sequential numbered files suggests a spanned zip archive, but there is no .zip file for it. So what is
    needed to create the route from the archive?

J. H. Sullivan
    Hi Folks,

Happy Birthday - JH !!!

Regards,
    Scott

Hello,

Thanks for your latest extension work on the MILW Idaho Division route. Much appreciated.

While trying to create a new activity with the MSTS AE, I get this message and cannot load the track database, thus shutting down the AE.

Message AE by Denis Gionet, sur Flickr

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Denis

Oliver2,

First of all I want to thank you for your improvements to Jerry Sullivan's fine route. I had no problem downloading the route or extracting it. I set up a path from Othello heading east. For the first few miles east of Othello and west of Warden there are a number of territex panels that seem to be missing. Once you get to Warden everything seems to be alright up to the point where I stopped for the evening. Not sure there is a problem here or not. I am running the route in OR and everything seems to run fine. If you could take a look at this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    Paul

Although it's not a primary goal to make this route MSTS-compatible, I took a look at the sigcfg file. At that line, there are two signal draw states with the numbers 0 and 2. I guess changing to 0 and 1 will solve the problem, but I'm just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by dgionet View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for your latest extension work on the MILW Idaho Division route. Much appreciated.

While trying to create a new activity with the MSTS AE, I get this message and cannot load the track database, thus shutting down the AE.

Message AE by Denis Gionet, sur Flickr

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Denis