Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MILWAUKEE ROAD Spokane Extension

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Looks good Oliver.

What kind of crossing pad shapes are you going to use?

Robert
    The original route had a kind of rubberized crossing pad, made by Ted Cuphrey. I use this for dense traffic roads. For light traffic and farm crossings, I use another set made by Travis Ebner.

I wonder if anybody has info about another set of rubberized pads. I'd give them a try.

Meanwhile I realized that there will be some work with the implemented R-2 signals... Aspect is yellow, as You can see on the track monitor, but the light is red. No idea yet, and it's bedtime here, so maybe tomorrow.

Open Rails 2020-01-03 10-05-11_resize.jpg

If you haven't put a control signal behind it, try that. I've run into that problem occasionally, and that seemed to fix it

Now its okay, thank You!

I am very impressed...............nice.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

The credit goes to the creators of the objects, not me. I just put them together.

Meanwhile I'm building up East Spokane too. I think after I finish the MILW-UP freight yards, it'll be uploaded for testing. And then, I'll start to lay down tracks between Spokane and Marengo.
    My original plan was to build up GN, SPS and NP lines beyond the parallel sections, but I'm not promise anything For example, it'll be cool to stretch the GN line east to Athol, where the Whitefish route ends. But there's a GN huge freight yard (named Hillyard) at the outskirts of Spokane and now I'm not feeling the power to create it... NP's Parkwater Yard was enough. Anyway, we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    My original plan was to build up GN, SPS and NP lines beyond the parallel sections, but I'm not promise anything For example, it'll be cool to stretch the GN line east to Athol, where the Whitefish route ends. But there's a GN huge freight yard (named Hillyard) at the outskirts of Spokane and now I'm not feeling the power to create it... NP's Parkwater Yard was enough. Anyway, we'll see...
    Just my thought on this.... Don't get too hung up on Yards? Huge Yards have always been an issue. Slow down frame rates, need "populating" or just look rather silly as a mass of empty tracks. Build THE ROUTE, worry about yards later? If necessary reduce the size of the yard? Anyone with any knowledge of Railroads/Railways knows that goods yards have changed throughout their existence and mainly because the freight or type of traffic that they were originally constructed for has changed? The library has plenty of poorly sceneried routes with miles of track, but your screengrabs show what (IMO) a route should look like.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I agree..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you can always go back and add yard track................
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Rick & Geoff have the right idea. The largest yard I have ever used was about 10
    tracks and it was off a simple ladder at each end. I did go beyond that on the
    Clinch-Appalachia route that I have done the track for, and then I copied that yard
    (Bluefield, WV/VA) over to the Virginian so I could include the N&W as far as that
    point, thus having a logical connection point between the routes. Detailing is an
    issue and as I am 81 now, I plan to minimally detail out my routes now, and then
    before I place interactives & linked items I will put the route in the "incomplete"
    category. Thus is someone wants to super-detail it, they won't have to delete a
    lot of stuff first. Then I'll add linked items etc. and put it out as complete.

So, only use a minimal representation for the yard(s) and then you or someone
    else can detail them out.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)