Thread: Mactier Route

Default Mactier Route

I just downloaded the MacTier route from TrainSimulations and found there is another route with the same name in the file library. Are these routes the same?
    If not, which is the better route?

AJ

TS is an updated version with mosaic, and equipment, if I recall. Don't believe any track was changed/added.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

In the library here is 1.5 with all the various updates . Search for Mactier and read the headings . There are multiple files to download .

Quote Originally Posted by bwbrgb View Post
    In the library here is 1.5 with all the various updates . Search for Mactier and read the headings . There are multiple files to download .
    A little clarification please, it appears there are two complete versions of the route:
    Ver1 >>> mactier.zip (route ver. 1); mactier1.zip ( patch1); mactier2.zip (patch2); mactierup.zip ( general scenery upgrade)

Ver1.5 >>> macv15.zip ( complete stand-alone new route ver. 1.5 ); mac15p3.zip (updates 1.5 to 1.5.3)

From the File_ID in mac15p3.zip
    All previous route updates are included in this package. The only requirement is a successful install of the CP MacTier Sub V1.5 route (macv15.zip). Update by Ted Kocyla.
    So from that it appears that none of the Version1 updates or general scenery upgrades (mactierup.zip) need be applied to to Ver1.5?

All-in-all isn't version1.5 the same free download as offered on the TrainSimulations web site?
    (possibly with the exception of TS adding mosaic as Neil mentioned in post #2?)
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.