Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Derail Valley

I installed a double head shunter mod (doesn't seem to work). Improved couplings mod and a no derail mod.

How do i take screenies, F12 (Steam default) doesn't work.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Why do i never have a loco to carry out the job i have accepted, any ideas.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

The Farm doesn't always spawn a loco - best location is to grab one at the Steel Mill and run light, just a couple of minutes away.
    Vern.

Been to a few places Vern thank you. Never seems to be a loco readily available. I did find a shunter and mainline loco hidding in the trees at one yard.

I only purchased it because it was so cheap and i found a money cheat before doing the deed.

Not exactly an overwhelmingly brilliant game.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

You need to give it time Mike, also don't forget it is still early access and will hopefully improve. As I've said previously I enjoy the first person shunting and coupling/uncoupling trains. At first it is best just to take short freight haul jobs which the shunter can manage, build things up a bit.
    Vern.

I would if i had a loco to do the jobs with Vern, hahahahahahahaha.

Needs a route editor, to be able to create a larger world.

Mainline diesel and steam loco's are wasted on such a small map, i think anyway.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Why do i never have a loco to carry out the job i have accepted, any ideas.
    Mike.
    Just sell tractors instead, Mike.
    Fortune made.....new economic model introduced.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I think a route editor is planned Mike, at some stage. A nice long main line run is definitely needed along with a bit more variety in the scenery.

I do like it, though haven't played the last day or two. I decided foolishly to give FSX Steam Edition one more try at £4.99 in the sale. It is awful, DTG and MS done little to no optimisation. Doesn't display correctly on 4K screen/resolution (tiny menu) and despite having a PC with power we could only dream of when it came out in 2005, it judders constantly and loading a saved game my plane resumed in mid air with the engines shut down. Too late to refund, after all the faffing about.

Guess I'll have to wait for the new FS but one rumour at FS dot com reckons it will sell for up to £200 - MS can shove it at that price!!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    .....one rumour at FS dot com reckons it will sell for up to £200 - MS can shove it at that price!!
    I'd better start saving now.....although I imagine COVID-19 has put a spike in the planned release date.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Nice one Bruce, but i opted for the money cheat. No economics involved in my Derail Valley, buddy.

Yup nice long ML with auto switches, Vern.

I don't do civil flightsims Vern, so i cannot comment. My virtual aircraft world is strictly combat orientated WW1 & WW2.

But £200 for any game is ludicrous.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd