Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Derail Valley

It seems weight of wagons was wrong and has now been correct-

“ - Fixed loaded trains having faulty mass in Freight Haul and Unloading jobs
    -- They were almost twice lighter than they should be”

Don't they mean twice as heavy?

Oh and further to metalangel's previous post, the remote does work with the DE6 or at least it should do, unless they nerfed that too.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    The company I worked for manufactured and installed the tail-maintenance lift.
    I was in the engineering dept. at the time and was involved with the design so a work colleague and I would use every opportunity to visit the QANTAS jet base and "inspect the installation progress".
    (That's me leaning against the railing)

One day we actually did a walk through of a 747 from top to bottom, front to back. Just walked up the steps and spent nearly 40 minutes inside the aircraft.
    Great stuff Bruce, you were up close and personal then buddy. Try doing that today, you would be shot as a suspected terrorist.

Shame they haven't got any 747's in Derail Valley.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Oh and further to metalangel's previous post, the remote does work with the DE6 or at least it should do, unless they nerfed that too.
    Really? I’ll have to check - I asked The Google when I had my idea, and it said “shunter remote control” so I didn’t pursue the idea any further.

Build #84 just released. Looks like the graphics have received a makeover with much more realistic looking rocks and terrain. About to dive in for a looksee.
    Vern.

I haven't played since I did my little "manual multiple" experiment. Diesel Railcar has filled my needs, I've been busy otherwise playing either ATS or Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I do wonder if Derail Valley is the sort of thing where you are compelled to play a lot and quickly burn yourself out. I said at the beginning of the month that the DE6 kind of removes one of the unique features of the game, of wrestling a heavy train over the terrain. Now that I have it, and have figured out how to drive them together so they can handle the longest loads you can reasonably haul, it doesn't feel different enough from Run8. On top of that, Run8 has nice straight sections where you can properly open it up and go fast for a long period.

Hmmm. I'll be sure to come back and check out the passengers when they're added, and definitely the planned electrics, but taking a break from it for now, I think. I can't really play it to relax like I do ATS.

I kind of share your thoughts on that, mainly because the jobs are very repetitive. Loaded the game up this afternoon, but very samey - fetch a DE6 off the roundhouse at Harbour, two freight haul jobs going to the Food Factory which then ends up as a circuit back to Harbour again. I mean yes it does look very nice with the terrain overhaul but everything else is identical. Needs more diversity to retain interest, get the passenger jobs up and running, maybe introduce AI trains. Think I will be back on GTA V this evening.
    Vern.

I feel the same, yes its getting better but novelty wears off after a while.
    The update looks great but I am getting a bit of banding which spoils it slightly.
    —————
    Jason

I noticed that too, quite juddery. I'll put something on the Steam forum when I get time.
    Vern.

Pretty much all of their community unlocks (based on interest in the game) have been... unlocked.

http://www.derailvalley.com/unlocks/index.html