Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Building help

well said 000,

I'm the type, learn thru my hands, rather than any books in my school days.
    Now if I could only see my hands these days.

Anyways Todd, another program may like to use esp. if you've Windows 10 is 3D Builder.
    Very, very easy to use, very forgiving, a great learning tool, just to get a feel for different techniques / styles.
    I actually use it lots, then from time to time export to Blender for finer details/tweaks.

Anyways, just for the hell of it, moments ago I grabbed that image you posted (Vintage Arial) & began to create
    see how it may look/feel to me. So far, so good.

The 'hand holding ' is NOT what I'm after! I will not post and ask questions. All I'm asking is for is a zoom session where one can sit down and walk me through stuff...

Todd here's a quick start / rough draft on my part created using 3D Builder.
    My end, your shot somewhat grainy for me. Hoping somewhat close in appearance.
    Used 3 basic shapes to build with, cube, cylinder, wedge.
    I'll try my hand at other portions of industry, little later towards evening just for the hell of it.
    Hopefully will help ya get your creative juices in gear. Have Faith.
    Grain1.jpg

perhaps this image show up little better.
    Grain3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Todd,
    I went back into 3D-Builder this morn, continued with basic shapes, cube, cylinder, wedge, &, lastly, used torus shape today.

Not knowing what other areas of snapshot forced to 2nd guess. With my old eyes, shaky hands these days, surely smaller details overlooked, &, or, just not able to see them. I believe still looks fairly well.

Do try your hand at 3D-Builder, esp. if you have Windows-10, believe 3D-Builder comes standard.

Another nice feature of the program, is, keys are pretty much what everyone's used to these days on the keyboard. Feels rather natural over the use of other more in-depth editors. Anyways, a great place to start your journey.

Grain.jpg

Few more structures add.
    Laid homemade rails for general reference to the scene.

Grain1.jpg

It's really cool watching you do this, but.
    How are you going to get it in the sim?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    It's really cool watching you do this, but.
    How are you going to get it in the sim?

Randy
    Me, I'll be moving it to Rolling Line. (in testing stages present time)
    It'll be Todds project should he wish to get it into MSTS
    As, I don't fool with MSTS anymore.

Was hoping to give Todd inspiration, for I'm still very green, but, if I can put basic shapes together
    with what little experience I have, anyone, should be able to pump something out, with a little effort.

Shame I seem to be unable to make image larger for viewing. My end large outside TrainSim.com at 4096x4096
    was hoping some of the smaller details show-up for others.
    Last edited by SMRY; 06-02-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    Me, I'll be moving it to Rolling Line. (in testing stages present time)

Was hoping to give Todd inspiration, for I'm still very green, but, if I can put basic shapes together
    with what little experience I have, anyone, should be able to pump something out, with a little effort.
    You did! As time permits I might be wanting to do more buildings but for now mowing yard, bailing hay ! Check your messages, Sent a couple of reply's back
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Quote Originally Posted by cnwfan View Post
    You did! As time permits I might be wanting to do more buildings but for now mowing yard, bailing hay ! Check your messages, Sent a couple of reply's back
    rgr Todd, messages in / reply out.