Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Building help

Both TSM and Sketchup work for me my thing is I work best 1 on 1 "hands on" instead of a forum type situation. I want to dive in so bad and get started with scenes from the real world counter part but still new and have only made one small part in TSM a GPS antenna and that was done on a 1 on 1 with a person behind the scenes.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Still waiting for someone to step up here. I am getting very frustrated, that there is "interest" in helping me, but no one has FULLY stepped up and say hey I can help!
    Todd

Will keep bumping this thread periodically until someone is willing to come forward with help or wants to guide me 1 on 1 . Again this is just upsetting that there's no community involvement anymore ! It's all do it yourself !
    Todd

The problem is Todd, laying track and roads is just 10% of the work involved in building a route and you'd like someone else to do the other 90%. The library is the community involvement, building people have created for the routes they are building and decide to share with the community.

Paul :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cnwfan View Post
    Both TSM and Sketchup work for me my thing is I work best 1 on 1 "hands on" instead of a forum type situation. I want to dive in so bad and get started with scenes from the real world counter part but still new and have only made one small part in TSM a GPS antenna and that was done on a 1 on 1 with a person behind the scenes.
    Perhaps Todd, best place / person to help, would indeed be that kind person, already haven helped in the background 1-on-1.

No one will be getting anything I create . The past two responses have been the type of responses that, have pushed me to not post what Im working on let alone release anything. I want to do the other 90%! I just need that skill level TO DO that 90! Again, with the above comments , I will NOT be releasing.
    Do you see how fusterated I am when the "community " comments sure I have interest then backs out? It be nice to have OTHER involvement.... Mod's please delete thread, as I am done asking for help for community involvement in a new route that was to be released when done.
    Last edited by cnwfan; 05-31-2020 at 11:54 AM.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    Perhaps Todd, best place / person to help, would indeed be that kind person, already haven helped in the background 1-on-1.
    Todd, don't throw in the towel just yet. I felt/feel since you've already built a repor with someone in the background, be the best person to know your creative style, perhaps your level of creativity, personal drive in the project.

Could it be, they've backed away for reasons unknow to the outside world?. Perhaps, just plain frustration shared between the two of you?. Only you & other involved, know the true nature of the beast, if indeed the case.

Even if none of the above be the case, stick with it, eventually will click.
    Last edited by SMRY; 05-31-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    Todd, don't throw in the towel just yet. I felt/feel since you've already built a repor with someone in the background, be the best person to know your creative style, perhaps your level of creativity, personal drive in the project.

Could it be, they've backed away for reasons unknow to the outside world?. Perhaps, just plain frustration shared between the two of you?. Only you & other involved, know the true nature of the beast, if indeed the case.

Even if none of the above be the case, stick with it, eventually will click.

That's not my reason for being frustrated. I don't want the teaching's just to fall to the one who has been helping me. Alot of my frustration is the community in general when people say do it your self. But Like me I have no skills yet do kinda falls on death ears !
    Todd

That's not my reason for being frustrated. I don't want the teaching's just to fall to the one who has been helping me. Alot of my frustration is the community in general when people say do it your self. But Like me I have no skills yet do kinda falls on death ears !
    I must admit, I've been away from creating anything geared for MSTS, just plain lost interest. These days dabble in Rolling Line & ATS, via Blender when the creative juices flow. I don't know for sure if I created a structure in Blender if another would be able to scale for use, &, or, convert to type of file needed for use in MSTS. Perhaps I could scale to correct size, just need to know what that may be. Like I say been some time away from MSTS. Never know til one tries over & over. If nothing else, no worse for ware.

No skills, huh? None, whatsoever? Didn't you say you've got this route built, but just need scenery items? Route-building is an endeavor which requires a lot of skill to do properly. So I figure that 'no skill' argument is out the window right there.

The first time I opened my modeling software of choice I probably sat there with a look of confusion so long the screen saver kicked in. But I eventually got up the nerve to try some things, and experimented a little. After doing some good ol' fashioned pure science (what happens when I do this?) I cranked out some abomination of a shape that actually worked in the sim, and there was much rejoicing. Eventually I got stumped on something, and asked a question on that particular issue. Eventually I found a tutorial or two that improved how I did things, and the rest is history.

Basically, what I'm saying is: don't wait for us. Just try it. Test some stuff out, see what works and what doesn't. I've been using a 3D software for years and still find new tricks to make my day easier. If you have a question, ask. Maybe I'll have an idea - it does happen once in a while - and I'll offer a possible solution for you to try. But, personally, I'm not going to hold your hand through the whole process of making a shape, for a few reasons:

One, that's really awkward, and

Two: I figure most people will learn better when they're at the controls