Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz +

From their blurb:-

"......submit your favourite feature to have it considered for inclusion in a future Trainz product."

Submit your favourite feature?

That call goes back to when I was doing stuff for Trainz and I can't remember anything that I submitted being included in "a future Trainz product"!!

And they're still using that as bait. Jeeeez!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

LOL, the N3V talking heads probably have the same attitude as TSW's Matt in the Discord, where the fanbois please themselves in the presence of devs.

Matt said something like " I think I know what the customers think they want from us " which amounts to an equation with too many variables to solve.

Such a difference to equally small dev teams of Run8 or Derail Valley, either say nothing or maintain an open and forthcoming attitude to bug reports and requests. The tone of DV devs on their Steam page is a nice change from DTG's evasive ivory tower mentality.
    Despite all their bragging, N3V and DTG hardly have the financial means to sustain a large team of devs and the number and complexity of bugs at hand far outreaches their resources.

Yeah, pay $15/mo x 12 mo/year x 2 years minimum for release = $360 or $540 for a 3 year release of the game.

Makes sense for a $40 game that won't have many of the features that work correctly.

Bad enough they wanted $70 for TRS2019

Harold

I've been viewing and posting on the DV Steam page and can affirm their devs are very good, respond to most comments and even maintain a FAQ with links to a roadmap for the product. Not to mention it's a great little game - even in early access - to boot! If it ever gets a route editor (admittedly a long way off according to the devs) it could seriously challenge Trainz.
    Vern.

Glad you like it, Vern, and follow the developments closely.

Derail Valley and Diesel Railcar Simulation (that actually would do well in VR too) are created by committed small teams that are dedicated to their products.
    Of course, the scope of their games is smaller than either TSW or Tz, but who knows what both games can grow into once their foundations have set and are solid to build on?
    Good to read the DV devs take the 2D version of their game equally serious as the 3D VR version and ensure good playability in both.

Harold

Harold

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

TRS19 digging their own grave?
    🤣

Although this is totally anecdotal, two of the major North American payware vendors in Trainz (Jointedrail and RRMods) seem to have moved onto other things. Not good as the NA scene is pretty much non-existent without them.

Is there a similar exodus happening in other sub-communities of Trainz?

SlackAction --

Moved onto other things? Not as far as I'm aware. Do you have any references for that? On the N3V site JointedRail still have an active presence. RRMods have never been quite so.

The only news I've come across is that JR is to licence out their products to a third part developer, Searchlight Simulations, who will port them across into DTG. Here:

https://www.store.searchlight-simulations.com/