Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trainz +

"Moved onto other things" was probably poor phrasing on my part. Yes, JR has some presence on the forums, but it just seems like they've drastically reduced their output from even a year ago. Same story with the guys from RRMods. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

I certainly hope they stick around though.

if I ever do a train simulator it will have a few generic routes set anywhere in the world that are long and have portals on both ends ideal for testing any kind of train and it will have locomotives and rolling stock with fictional brands included with every installment. No need to worry about user-made content becoming "payware" or "locked" in later installments. Plus it will be free and have a add on content base helped by the people. Plus realistic derailment physics on par with Roblox
    Take that N3V!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboy99 View Post
    ...... it will have locomotives and rolling stock with fictional brands included with every installment....
    If you intend restricting your 'stock and locos to fiction-only then you will be severely reducing the interest level.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboy99 View Post
    if I ever do a train simulator it will have a few generic routes set anywhere in the world that are long and have portals on both ends ideal for testing any kind of train and it will have locomotives and rolling stock with fictional brands included with every installment. No need to worry about user-made content becoming "payware" or "locked" in later installments. Plus it will be free and have a add on content base helped by the people. Plus realistic derailment physics on par with Roblox
    Take that N3V!
    Look forward to seeing how it works out, will check back in this thread oh, say, in about 10 years for a progress update!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    If you intend restricting your 'stock and locos to fiction-only then you will be severely reducing the interest level.
    You will be able to make add ons that represent real 'stock and locos as well as routes don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Look forward to seeing how it works out, will check back in this thread oh, say, in about 10 years for a progress update!
    OUCH !!! that hurt.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I received my Trainz monthly email message today, someone is building a Class 37 from scratch, Mike, have you seen it, is it for T:ANE, or, TZ19, do ya know please, it doesn't exactly say on the advertising blurb!!!!

Cheerz. Steve.

http://www.trainzportal.com/blog/vie...eid=9b345b6a7c
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I don't think it is a new 37 Steve. i believe the cab feature in the news letter refers to the SRS Class 37 that N3V purloined off the DLS.

These ones Steve..................... http://srstrainzdlc.com/UK-Contents/

They were originally only available direct from their site. But they were added to the DLS soon after.

I believe (i could be wrong though) that the newsletter article refers to the cab in these models.

If it does they are included in TRS19, buddy.

Cheers,

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Yes, sorry, Mike, it is just a new cab, not a complete locomotive, I've got those reskins in my T:ANE, they're quite good, but, if it's for TZ19 then I don't have it, so, I'll have to go without, not too worry, thanks a lot for the information anyway, matey.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

It's not new Steve it is the cab view for those SRS Class 37's. Which are complete models not reskins.

They work in TANE & TES19 buddy.

Cheers,

Mike.