Thread: TrackViewer in OpenRails??

Question TrackViewer in OpenRails??

I am not sure how does TrackViewer works in Open Rails? Yes I did TrackViewer pin to start on taskbar. When I am in simulation with the route and activity in Open Rails. I hit " ALT+TAB " keys so I can click TrackViewer but it doesn't work. I am not sure in Options Menu with two -- " Logging " and " Windowed " Right now I have the checkmark in the box with " Logging " and more likely I am wrong with this. Tell me what to do with Options Menu and how does this work to get TrackViewer to show on the screen with Open Rails already running in simulation.

Thank you,

John

Trackviewer is a stand-alone program and does not start when OR starts. It must be running before OR is started for Alt Tab to work. An alternative is to use the Windows key that activates the taskbar so you can select Trackviewer with the mouse. You will need to select the route in Trackviewer as well.

In Options, Logging enables a log file to be made while OR is running and the file will be put on the desktop by default. Windowed will run OR in a window at the size chosen by you. Using this you do not need to Alt Tab because the taskbar will be visible and you can use the mouse to get Trackviewer on screen.

Not sure why you need Trackviewer running, but there is also the Dispatcher screen in OR which can be accessed using "CTRL + 9" and then hover the cursor over the OR icon in the taskbar and then choosing the Dispatcher screen.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Hi Folks,

The other absolutely essential purpose of "Track Viewer" - is to create "Paths" for your activities - most of the new ORTS "Advanced Shunting" features are built into the interface and it works very nicely - far, far, far better than MSTS... The only reason I open the old MSTS Editor tools is for RGE and to generate "Tiles" when using Demex...

Regards,
    Scott

Thank you to both and I got myself wrong about TrackViewer but it's interesting to know about this part. I mean Dispatch Viewer and got them working properly now but need your help with the position of Open Rails which is cut off on the left and some space on the right side of the program. I try to move the position in Open Rails by mouse that will fit right on the whole monitor screen but it doesn't work. What is the other way to move the position right on the monitor screen?

John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cn bala; 02-11-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Forgot to add more information about above with Dispatch Viewer and I have them clicked in " Windowed " that caused the cutoff on the left and see some space on the right of the game simulator. I decided to check to see if I uncheck " Windowed " in Options Menu and everything good on the flat panel display Tv with no cutoff at all. Not sure why it won't work properly with " Windowed " screen.

Thank you again,

John

Looks like you decreased you screen size with ORTS open. Or ORTS window is set to larger than your screen setting.
    Answer these two instructions:
    1. At the ORTS Menu click Options, select the Video tab, at the bottom what is the Window size? As in 1360x768.

2. Click Window's Start, click the Settings icon, choose System, then Display, in the Scale and Layout section what it the Resolution Setting? As in 1920 x 1080. #2 should be larger than #1
    Charles

Thank you Charles and will check the resolution setting in my desktop.

John