Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans-Siberian Railway Simulator coming soon to Steam.

Default Trans-Siberian Railway Simulator coming soon to Steam.

Saw this advertised on Steam, unsure when it will be available, and how much, but, it looks good, unsure about attacking packs of Wolves though with a chainsaw, but, it's certainly something different.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...way_Simulator/

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

That looks just like something the Russians would come up with.

Robert

It looks bloody awesome!
    Vern.

Looks amazing from a graphics standpoint. I'd give my left arm for an American train sim that looked that good - with realistic physics and performance. I can do without all the extra dramatic/gamey stuff with the animals though.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

I once asked my dear wife, "When I retire, why don't we do the ultimate railfan excursion and ride on the TransSiber across Russia, from Moscow to Vladivostok? We could do it on New Year's holiday!"

She replied: "You want to be stuck 9 days in Siberia, inside a train full of drunk Russians? YOU ARE CRAZY!"

Forget about the wolves and bears ... it's the violent alcoholic Russians who will do you in. My wife knows. She's Armenian, and used to ride trains all over the USSR as a reporter for Izvestia, for her work. And she-who-must-be-obeyed knows best, ahem!

Maybe this grand-looking sim can be my virtual TransSiber holiday ...
    Last edited by ftldave; 02-12-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: add txt
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    ... unsure about attacking packs of Wolves though with a chainsaw, but, it's certainly something different......
    Ain't that the truth!!

I think I'll be able to find the willpower to not download it!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I remember putting a wolf complete with audio effect in one of my Trainz routes. Quite effective as you drove past and heard it howling!

So long as we don't have to kill the wolf, I haven't actually got a problem. At least someone is creating a train sim where something dynamic actually happens.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ..... At least someone is creating a train sim where something dynamic actually happens.
    I see it as someone creating a survival game (which seems to be the "thing" at the moment) which is set on a train.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Watching the trailer again, I think you may be correct Bruce. It also appears killing the wolves is part of the game so a bit uneasy on that. Not a vegetarian but very much anti-hunting and the poor little blighters are in their virtual habitat! I think it will hinge on how realistic the train physics are plus the length of the route.
    Vern.

Norwegian drivers used to be issued with rifles to put wounded elk that have been hit by a train out of their misery.