Thread: White River division

Default White River division

Anyone know the difference from yesterdays(11th) posting and the one today (12th)in the library ?

Quote Originally Posted by bennycdn View Post
    Anyone know the difference from yesterdays(11th) posting and the one today (12th)in the library ?
    Hi Folks,

Would eagerly like to see some feedback and/or images on this - since I enjoy Paul’s B&M so much... I guess my Mountain will have some new rails to run on...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the difference between the Connecticut River Line, the northern terminus of which is White River Junction -- and the just released White River Division?

They cover different - but neighboring - areas in New England. Both run by B&M. The Conn River line is up the border between Vermont and New Hampshire, while the other route is in Northern New Hampshire starting from Concord in the middle of the state.

The routes have different authors - both named Paul.

The Conn River Line, by Paul Charland, is a terrific route: detailed and very accurate to its 1956 time period. Lots and lots of custom drawn buildings, representing the era and territory perfectly. Trackwork is good and accurate. The route is well constructed with few or no bugs or issues. This is among the best routes ever produced. I run this route more than any other and come back to it again and again. It helps that I lived along it and even once considered buying one of the en-route train stations.

I haven't yet run the new White River Division route by Paul Raynes, but I can tell you about his previous routes. They represent the "feel" of steam era B&M well. I don't believe they have many custom structures, but they look good and the stations and structures are all textured or retextured in B&M livery. The source information varies from one route to another - some have track layout based on old USGS topo maps, which were incomplete or even inaccurate - others had the benefit of accurate period B&M track maps as source material. Early routes had some rough trackwork and I could only really run them either by going through and creating my own "daily bulletin" of speed restrictions or just turning off the derailment option. Paul has been prolific, covering the B&M north of Boston in every direction except the Fitchburg route and this is quite a contribution. It's great to have such blanket coverage and I've enjoyed them.
    Last edited by conductorchris; 02-12-2019 at 08:14 PM.

No, he's talking about the fact that this route was posted yesterday, and was reposted today. As it looks as if today's version is a little larger, apparently something may have been left out of the initial upload and the author caught it and has corrected it.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

I have downloaded both and when unzipped both folders are the same size. I did notice that the ref files have different dates, but other than that I can not see any differences on a quick examination. The route covers the trackage from Claremont jct east to Concord, the route from White River Jct to Concord, and the now added route from Woodsvile to Concord.
    Paul

Affirmative on that Paul, I re-downloaded too, and there is no apparent differences.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Thanks for the update info Fellas,route looks great during my initial run.

Is this an updated version of the Claremont and Concord route, released in 2017? As I now have two routes called New Hampshire in my OR route list.

Just a correction to this thread, the route is the White Mountians division not the White River.

pl
    Arcadia Terminal Street & Dock RR