Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A few new items coming from BEW

Quote Originally Posted by burgerbern View Post
    the DRGW set has been sent to the beta testers
    ! should have said NS set not DRGW

the NS set passed beta test and has now been uploaded to the library may even appear later today, enjoy.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Thank you, Bernard

The NS set is in the library now, and i have just realised i cannot do the SOUTHERN units as they although being a 2 Bay ACF are actually longer than the ones i have been doing, looks like it has been extended by a further full side panel to 5 and hence the gap between the discharge outlets is way bigger, perhaps that shape will come one day, so as a result the Sou units are off the menu.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

The CNW set has now gone to the beta test team, should be available soon.

The CNW set passed the beta test and i have just uploaded them so look out for them soon

Just started work on the final but one set which is

SP Start.jpg

the last set will be the ACFX

I was wondering, are you still going to do the Chessie System set? I know the prototype is a bit different. If not, could I suggest possibly Seaboard System, Monon, or perhaps CSX?

Quote Originally Posted by davebridges View Post
    I was wondering, are you still going to do the Chessie System set? I know the prototype is a bit different. If not, could I suggest possibly Seaboard System, Monon, or perhaps CSX?
    I have done the Chessie system ones even though the shape is wrong. i am releasing 1 set each weekend and with the SP and ACFX there is another 10 weeks of releases to go, re the other roads they all use 2 bay hoppers which do not use this shape either the version with the long tube all along the side about a foot down (which i could do in 2D but i prefer that detail to be a 3D one) or they are other makers hoppers, i looked online at all pics of ACF 2 Bay hoppers and all the roads i found that had the ACF without the tube thing on the side i have done with the exception of the chessie and DTS which had shortened hopper bodies on the same size frame which i did anyway as i liked the way they turned out, so i have done all the possibles, the CSX ones are either ex Conrail and are flat sided ribbed hoppers or else Trinity hoppers like the DSIX one that SLI released.

A lot of the roads i would have liked to do i found only used 3 bay cylindrical hoppers and 2 bay ribbed sided ones.

by the time i have done with uploading there will be around 70 - 80 2 bay hoppers uploaded, basicly if i have posted a pic of the finished hopper in this thread it will be released.

PS just remembered that i might also be doing the Winchester & Western ones as well.
    Last edited by burgerbern; Yesterday at 08:18 PM.

Just an update on the SP pic posted above, when i started to add some of the other signage it soon became obvious that it just was not going to work, the reason the panels are not as wide on the SP as the shape had them drawn and although i had sized the Southern Pacific lettering it was far to large because the panels were wider, so i started again and moved the panel lines, now its a lot better

SP Start again.jpg

I resized a pic i was using as a guide to fit exactly over the area on the ace file and marked off the panel lines from that as well as the sizes of the lettering and where they were positioned, i think its ok now.

Glad to see that you're going to release the Chessie set. Almost forgot about the Winchester & Western, that will be a nice set too. Used to see them all the time in Indiana. Looking forward to all of them. You're done an excellent job on them.