Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A few new items coming from BEW

just got them downloaded... very nice. Thank you for your excellent work, and for sharing it with us.

Have finished the Chessie C&O units, Chessie B&O next, as i stated in Post 27 these are unprototypical as the unit was a smaller capacity one for which no shape exists, so i chose to do them anyway, the livery and markings are correct just the shape is wrong, so it will be up to you all individually if you want to download and use them or not, if TS ever do one in their heritage sets then i will redo them on the new shape.

Chessie CO Set.jpg

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

and now the B&O Chessie Units, same note about shape as with the C&O ones.

BO Chessie Set.jpg

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

its funny, i got a hankering today to find out just how many projects i have done over the years and how many downloads had resulted from those, for those who like statistics here they are

My first upload was made on the 27th May 2005 CR&NWR 2-8-0 Steam Locomotives 4-Pack
    The Number of Projects uploaded here are 189 (see Note 1)
    Total number of downloads from those 189 uploads 218681 as of today's date (see Note 2)
    the Most Popular download IE: the one with the highest number of downloads: 89' Autorack Pack Part 2 qty 4085 downloads
    the year with the most uploads: 2009 with 34

Note 1: (that is only full uploads not fixes and only stuff that i had a direct hand in not stuff i uploaded for other people like Jeff Auberpine) although some of Jeff's work is in my uploads because he often sent me an individual wagon or engine and i then made up a load more to make a pack.

Note 2:many may remember when the Mophouse/MLTdownloads site was running that i had got to over 200 projects because a lot of what is here in packs started off over there as individual engine uploads so the fact they ended up here in packs reduced the number of projects, who knows what the total number of downloads would have been if i could still have access to the figures from the Trackside Productions forum, the old SLI forum, the Original MLTDownloads forum as well as the Mophouse MLTDownloads forum. All of which i had content uploaded to.

glad i got that out of my system, been wanting to find that out for quite a while, LOL

Amazing stats! Thank you for all your hard work over the years. I am especially thankful for the detailed instructions you have included with your latest project..guys like me have to be led by the hand through each step of the installation process.

Don

A big thank you, Bernard. I think I have most of your output (perhaps almost all), and as others have said, it is high quality.

I am interested in and curious about the stats too. I'm interested in what the most popular railroads are. Clearly the present day is the most popular era.

Download popularity doesn't always follow real world abundance. For example, I skinned Pete Willard's Carbon Dioxide tank cars - because I saw them go by all the time on the New England Central and they weren't available. I don't think they are all that common in the real world, but they are cool cars and they got a lot of downloads. Probably helps that they are reporting marks only and thus can be imagined in almost any route.

Christopher

Hi Bernard,

Hah - it's people like you who keep this hobby interesting and worth coming back to - thanks !!!

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    For example, I skinned Pete Willard's Carbon Dioxide tank cars - because I saw them go by all the time on the New England Central and they weren't available.
    Christopher
    I think theres a Liquid or a Union Carbide plant in Franklin that gets these cars almost daily there.. A handful comes down on Conrail via Selkirk to Palmer where they get they filled up across Selkirk yard and shipped them to Franklin. But, most comes down from the CN.. Been a long time watching CV and NECR doing chores back then while Franklin is huge with grain cars.. (mostly old fallen flags..)
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    I am interested in and curious about the stats too. I'm interested in what the most popular railroads are.

Christopher
    I suppose it would have to be NS as i did a great deal of those especially at the beginning, there was one simmer who was mad about the NS and he encouraged me to do a lot of the NS units, he later hired on as a Conductor on the NS, i would reckon that the next one (s) were either SP or CP did a great deal of both of those, BN /BNSF would come next followed by Conrail.

most of my early 2005 stuff was not that brilliant in terms of the lettering and numbers, the CR&NWR engines and rolling stock all have jagged edges to the words and numbers and it was only when i started the NS that i discovered that if i made up the lettering from fonts at around 200 pixels height and then shrank them down to the right size for the ace in Infranview that it would automatically alias all the edges, never looked back from there, my weakness is the base coat, i cannot do them, well not true i can do them but i would not use them as they would not be weathered in any form so i need a decent base coat to work from, like in the case of these 2 Bays, the BNSF unit is weathered enough so when all the original lettering is removed what is left is a brilliant base to start building up the logos and lettering on.

for me to do a project
    A: it has to be something i can run and am interested in, so i am no good at requests, but if i see something i like, and there is a shape, generally i go for it, the DTS 2 Bay was a good example of that, loved the logo the minute i saw it

B: there has to be a SLI/TS or Danny Beck or DW or BLW shape and texture i can use to start me off (the period when TS was releasing loads of dithered textures was not a good time for me because my style of doing things will not work with all those dots all over the texture.

C: i have to be able to release it, no prob with SLI/TS or MLT, and i have done stuff for Diesels West and BLW which have been uploaded on their own sites

Made some progress on the CNW set, have the Yellow and Green cars done just have 3 grey ones to do

CNW Set So Far.jpg

also happier with the green shade now than i was with the original one i showed in post 34