Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A few new items coming from BEW

The MKT hoppers are with the beta testers, on the latest blank i am trying to create i may have bitten of more than i can chew, it's a Chessie version but despite having got it 98% there i cannot find the location for the cut bar, stirrups & ends of the locking bars on the hopper doors, it would also be nice to find the ladders as the bit at the bottom should also be blue but i can live with that if not possible, so its going to a grotty saturday job which is the next time i get a chance to do anything as its going to be a fill the ace with blocks of colours gradually narrowing down where the bits are textured from

but here it is so far, wether it gets released depends on wether i can texture those 3 things

Chessie Start.jpg

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Yes! Chessie! I hope you find those parts.
    Christopher

Hi Bernard,

The quickest way I've found to locate missing parts - I have a four color grid overlay - red, blue, green, yellow - that quarters a texture - overlay it - see what quadrant the part falls in - then overlay again in just the quadrant detected previously and so on and so on - until I locate the part...

Best of luck... While I'm a steam guy - I do have a soft spot for Chessie - best of luck...

Regards,
    Scott

take a look at the ones I did Bernard that should help you find the missing items
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=32092

Thanks for all the suggestions and help, Scott that's how i do it as well, Michelle, really great idea unfortunately the car i am using is a totally different shape and the texture file is laid out way differently to the one you did, no worries i have done it before, its just tedius, only been home 15 mins and i have found one already (the end of the locking bar on the discharge hopper) but its bedtime soon and i am out all day tommorrow, so i will finish it on saturday. one beta tester has come back to me so far and i have corrected a couple of things he pointed out in the readme file.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Very nice job there Bernard! Thought your'e a Conrail man! just kidding. Just curious, as for those hoppers, you stated it was a different shape than what Michelle had, is the ones you are doing for the new SLI's (TS) BNSF set?

Thanks kindly!
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by dedwa15237 View Post
    Very nice job there Bernard! Thought your'e a Conrail man! just kidding. Just curious, as for those hoppers, you stated it was a different shape than what Michelle had, is the ones you are doing for the new SLI's (TS) BNSF set?

Thanks kindly!
    Dave, yes it the hopper from the new ORTS Seligman Route, same shape as the GTA freight pack one (but being greyish much easier to create a blank than the GTA one would have been), i realised last night that it is not quite right for the Chessie, car, the hopper part should end where the ladders start, with there being space between the ladders on both sides, might still go on with the Chessie version because i am so pleased by how well the colours came out and hope that TS release a new shape for that in the heritage series at a later date so i can redo it.

and not just a Conrail Man, i go all ways, my absolute favourite is Milwaukee Road, followed by the DRGW closely followed followed by Southern Pacific & BN, Conrail is in the area just after those. Hell just about any Fallen flag is my favourite truthfully, probably why i have around 45 mini route installs based on Different Railroad Companies. my favourite period is the late transition period up to just before the SD50s came out
    Chessie End_actual.jpg

thought i would have a quick go this morning before i go out for the day and i found the cut bar mapping, so very late tonight or tommorrow i will hunt down the stirrups, i know which area they are in on the ace and from what i see on the colour overlay i think the bottom of the ladder will be a no go as its looking to be mapped unevenly one rail showing the same colour half as much again higher than the other because i have caught it on the change between 2 colours on the overlay.
    Last edited by burgerbern; 02-22-2019 at 02:22 AM.

Good to know.. BN is my 2nd favorite....just love the Cascade green colors.. And, I am on your side as well regarding to the late transistion period before the SD50 to SD60 and the very first widecabs. I still do widecabs on some parts of my route, but I still stick with those boxy ones.

Thanks for your information! Will be ready to make a purchase on TS's new OR route soon!

Again, thanks!
    Dave Edwards

Very nice to know, I wasn't sure if they were the same or not Something for people to keep track of when making new ones.
    Makes me happy to know there are others who like the same as I do as I love the period from 1970 to early 1990 just before we were flooded with GE. I am a huge Chessie fan then PC and CR (thanks Dave) the only other railroads I really know well are IC and Southern and just a little of the BN CNW (thanks to Pete Abrams). Most others I have no clue about and most of my repaints are just from the idea I loved how the car looked. Granted I really like the MKT cause of the pretty paint scheme they had.

But if it's not Blue and Yellow and CR blue it's really not going to catch my interest.

Got the stirrups as well and even managed to put a white painted end to the cut bar, the ladders are a no go though, each of the uprights in each ladder map from the same place and when you have the outboard upright blue to the level of the top of the sill the inboard one is above the first rung, so will leave the ladders as they are. Got to the stage of a working blank for those

Chessie2.jpg

Chessie cut lever end.jpg

what i am doing at the moment is working up a blank for each of the remaining roads i want to do that has the name and any logos on, untill i have them all done to that stage, then i will go back and start putting the numbers and small details on. i have 4 weeks worth to release (i intend to try to release 1 set per week) so i can press on with this phase as i go, i was lucky with these as i found a couple of pics i was able to get the chessie cat of off and the chessie system lettering and the C&O lettering the B&O lettering is the C&O with the C replace with a "B" (from of all fonts Arial Bold with the front half cut and moved to elongate) and the "O" thickened to match.

when i have released the last car i intend to do i will release a repaint kit with a greyscale blank and an ace showing where the bits like the cut lever etc were situated.
    Last edited by burgerbern; 02-22-2019 at 04:45 PM.