Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dispatcher window - Can't see the tracks

Thanks for mentioning the signature... I'm a "one horse show" and so it's a bit difficult to catch everything.
    BTW... I had to find the original file... and not the reduced-size image.

Started taking and developing my own pics around 1952... Been a semi-professional photographer ever since. I've shot everything from trips to Europe to many hundreds in Vietnam. I also do 3D animation stuff. In doing a search on just one of my drives it turned up 117,889 jpgs... not counting all the other formats considering all my photos for over 10 years have been RAW photos that weren't counted.

Finally found the original one and as you can now see, the signature looks a bit better.
    "FREE is a very good price!"

Quote Originally Posted by dmrick View Post
    Thanks for mentioning the signature... I'm a "one horse show" and so it's a bit difficult to catch everything.............
    Finally found the original one and as you can now see, the signature looks a bit better.
    I appreciate that you are doing this solo, Dale.
    Unless someone mentions it then a glitch can be so easily overlooked.

Which nicely segues to another one.....albeit small but confusing:

On your site you have the latest release advertised as Beta 0.10 and mention that if one wishes to check their build, then in the Siskiyou folder (under Routes) is a file named Last_Update.txt.

I checked mine and although my beta is 0.10, the line in that text file says Curret Version is Beta 0.04.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Hope you all don't mind if I get "back on track" with my track viewing question...

What if either the consists were transparent or the tracks were on a layer above the consists...

Take a look here... The upper is about how mine looks like now. Below that is how it might look...

Any comments?

Tracks&Consists.jpg

The lower one certainly makes sense. The points (switch) is a lot easier to determine.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

If you are zoomed right in, you can see the individual cars in a consist, consist icons are much thinner and there is a lot more space between tracks. No need to draw tracks after consists.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

As I mentioned previously about all of this, zooming in isn't feasible. In my situation I'm running using 3 different screens. My center screen has the simulator in it running. The screen on the left has the Dispatcher window maximized. The screen on the right is used for items that come with the route such as siding maps, route maps, etc.. The reason that I am mentioning all of this is because I don't have to pause the game and change to the Dispatcher window... I do everything on the run. When I'm in an extensive yard and am setting up my switches for where I want to go I need to have this done in a hurry. If I take the time to zoom the dispatcher way in so that I can throw something like two switches of a crossover... and then zoom out to find the next switch or switches to throw an then zoom in on them... my train will overrun me. I don't know why people think that zooming in and out several times (especially how getting around in the Dispatcher window isn't the nicest thing to do) is a solution. I'm looking for a "nice" solution. I was hoping that perhaps someone who's doing the coding for OpenRails might let me know if they can solve this by perhaps having the tracks show through the consists.