Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Reefers

Default Canadian Reefers

Ya know the last one I can find in the library is from 2004....any takers for a reskin on something newer? Or doesn't Canada need reefers? ( that could be a joke...needs a punchline ) Anyway just wondering?
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Ya know the last one I can find in the library is from 2004....any takers for a reskin on something newer? Or doesn't Canada need reefers? ( that could be a joke...needs a punchline ) Anyway just wondering?

Drop me a message as to what ones you actually want? since I need to make up some for Sandpatch I can add few CP CN for you.

Hi Gerry,

His set contains CN reefers and insulated boxcars:

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=28331

This set contains CP insulated boxcars:

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=27145

Paul :-)

sadly most of the cars you are looking for are impossible to create right now. I don't know enough about shapefile editing to make the necessary changes to the end of the car ladders. Since most of the cars were painted a diffrent color than the side.
    Here is a B&O example.
    end.jpg

the B&O had the same car in a reverse pattern of blue ends yellow body. the older FGE cars have the yellow body with the brown ends.

The good news is I found that the Super Therm cars were real and not just a model kit as I thought. So I am going to make up some of them.

Thanks Michelle for replying, I always enjoy your work, understand about shapefile editing, just keep creating the good stuff you do whenever the spirit moves you.

Paul, I had forgotten about this set, I actually had it, missed it when I was searching my master trainset. These will do nicely. Thanks.

Best Regards to both of you, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Good News! I started on the base of the Super Therm car and then ran into a problem with the side ladders after testing an idea out. I was able to find out the end car ladders are sperate item and that the side ladders share the main car body texture Sadly I accidently used my base so I will need to make a whole new grey but I should be able to make the older FGE cars and some of the CN CP cars Most of the older CP cars were silver all over I have had no real luck finding about CN,or the CP Pacman I know the CP had other uses for the plug doors and they had the Pac man logo but I am not sure if they were used on the reefer cars.

Have a look through this site for photos of Canadian cars.

http://freight.railfan.ca/

Thank you, Paul,

After looking thru the various cars I have noticed that right now we have no real base models that could even match the cars. Seems the CP and CN had very distinct cars. While SLI does offer some models that would be close they would not be 100% accurate. I am going to need to think on how to fix the super therm base to make it work.

I was able to make the base for the B&O and C&O cars. It took 3 different textures to make this car.
    side.jpg
    top.jpg
    End.jpg

CNDcpk07 in the library here has 2 Canadian National mechanical reefers. These are the same car used by Canadian Pacific and CN's last ditch effort with the Super Therm cars.

CN Reerer.jpg