Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadian Reefers

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    CNDcpk07 in the library here has 2 Canadian National mechanical reefers. These are the same car used by Canadian Pacific and CN's last ditch effort with the Super Therm cars.

Attachment 76268

Paul :-)
    you are a life saver! I really wanted a Super Them car for my 1970 1980 trains.

I have a shot of the only Super Therm car I've ever seen from the early 1980s. They didn't last too long and CN shifted from railroad reefers and let the truckers have the business.

Do you have TS Modeler?

No Paul I don't have TS, I never knew about the CN CP program until I started the B&O car when I was picture looking. I was surprised to find a picture of the ST car when normally all I saw was model kits. I like those quirky cars like the mandiran express. Which I surprised to know it was a one of a kind car. Then there is Paper and Beef cars as well. Must give the CP credit they came up with some intresting cars.

From circa 1956, there are ice reefers in the BLWZT Conn River set.

I have a shot of the Super Therm car I took back in the 1980s but it's one slide among 800! I did come across a print I took of the CN reefer with the apple on the side. The paint held up really well on the car for being 14 years old. Also have a slide of the CN newsprint car taken in the early 1980s.

Here's my shot of the CN Super Therm car from May of 1981.