Thread: OR Monon-2 v17 Crashing at specific locations

Exclamation OR Monon-2 v17 Crashing at specific locations

Hello,

In Open Rails version 1.3.1.4328 with the Monon-2 Version 17 route, the game crashes at specific spots on the route that I reach while I am driving a train. OR crashes and presents this error message:

Capture.jpg

These crashes make long-hauls on the route impossible because they interrupt your game play. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, I have the same trouble. Dont know if it is in the same spots. My problems were near Paisley Trestle and between Lafayette and Monon Jcn. The probable cause is that several terrain files may be missing or corrupted. I was going to do a full re-install but got involved in the other part of my "Empire"and never got back around to it. Run the route through Route-Riter and see what that tells you. Good Luck! Brian

Quote Originally Posted by motormaster532 View Post
    Yeah, I have the same trouble. Dont know if it is in the same spots. My problems were near Paisley Trestle and between Lafayette and Monon Jcn. The probable cause is that several terrain files may be missing or corrupted. I was going to do a full re-install but got involved in the other part of my "Empire"and never got back around to it. Run the route through Route-Riter and see what that tells you. Good Luck! Brian
    What tool are you talking about in route riter? Do you mean "find stuck points in route" And "correct stuck points?" Or is there another tool?

A long time ago I had a similar problem with consistent crashes in the same area when exploring the CGW route. Problems went away when I made a replacement path using the ORTS trackviewer app and deleted the path I had been using that had been made by the MSTS AE instead.

Of course that is my best guess as those encountering problems and commiserating on this thread fail to furnish a FULL LOG that would allow potentially helpful people to assist with the troubleshooting.

Yes, without access to the full OpenRailsLog.txt file it's difficult to provide help.

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    Yes, without access to the full OpenRailsLog.txt file it's difficult to provide help.
    Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IPj...ew?usp=sharing

I believe your problem is with track sounds. You see many messages like this: Warning: Skipped missing track sound USATrack9In.sms . This means that you don't have in the Sounds folder of MSTS or of the route the USATrack sounds, which are standard MSTS sounds. You should get them from a MSTS install.
    It might also be that you don't have the correct ttype.dat for your route.
    There is a possible second cause of your crash, that is that in the route there is a reference to a track sound number higher than the amount of track sounds in ttype.dat. This would be more difficult to be found. However I suggest you try first solving the missing track sounds issue.

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    I believe your problem is with track sounds. You see many messages like this: Warning: Skipped missing track sound USATrack9In.sms . This means that you don't have in the Sounds folder of MSTS or of the route the USATrack sounds, which are standard MSTS sounds. You should get them from a MSTS install.
    It might also be that you don't have the correct ttype.dat for your route.
    There is a possible second cause of your crash, that is that in the route there is a reference to a track sound number higher than the amount of track sounds in ttype.dat. This would be more difficult to be found. However I suggest you try first solving the missing track sounds issue.
    I put the sounds in and it fixed my issue. Thank you very much!