Thread: Dynamic track problem

Default Dynamic track problem

After my friend worked a little bit with signals he gave the route to me and i noticed that there is a tile that does not load (the editor crashes while loading that tile) in MSRE but still loads in TSRE. I used the OR logger and discovered that there are some track bugs on that tile. I checked the tile and noticed that there are at least 3 dynamic tracks with the yellow track line corruption (see the screenshot below with red circles). In my version they were in good health but after my friend's work something went wrong. I tried to delete them - TSRE crashed. I used the TSRE super hack "vector removal" and after that i finally managed to delete the corrupted tracks and replace the deleted dynamic tracks by normal track sections. Also i removed all the signals that could be corresponded with the broken tracks. But... still in MSRE that tile does not load. Why? Is there anything i should additionally do to finally cope with that bug? Also i can say that there was a "siding" on one of that broken dynamic tracks that i could not delete manually (cause it was invisible on that broken track) but manage to delete with the TSRE hack (now that siding does not appear in tdb).
    https://imgur.com/a/ppSe1MT
    Attached Images Attached Images

I faced the same problem in a route. Open your route in TSRE and first of all don't delete that Dynamic track, now delete the normal tracks which are placed both side of Dynamic track. after deleting these tracks now you can delete that dynamic track. Now place normal tracks at the same place.

A personal practice of mine is to avoid dynamic tracks at all costs. I rather use as close fit xtracks pieces as possible rather than dynamic tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Bharatiya_Rail View Post
    I faced the same problem in a route. Open your route in TSRE and first of all don't delete that Dynamic track, now delete the normal tracks which are placed both side of Dynamic track. after deleting these tracks now you can delete that dynamic track. Now place normal tracks at the same place.
    Was your route also created in MSRE and you edited it in TSRE?

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    A personal practice of mine is to avoid dynamic tracks at all costs. I rather use as close fit xtracks pieces as possible rather than dynamic tracks
    I know that. But the route i am working on already has some dynamic tracks in it. There are nearly 10 of them on that tile and replacing all of them with normal tracks will cost nearly + 350 objects on tile and this is not good cause that tile already has 1500 objects on it. I can replace only the easiest among them (not more than 3-5 sections instead of dynamic track).

I think that the route used old tsection.dat, not compatibile with your current global tsection.dat.
    Because you saved route in TSRE with not compatibile global tsection.dat, TSRE destroyed route tsection.dat. This file contains dynamic tracks. MSTS crashes because all data for dynamic tracks is missing.
    Restore from backup, remove all dynamic tracks or rebuild TDB.

I have already saved the route hundred of times in TSRE and all was good. So not that case. The route was broken only after my friend's work with signals and some other markers in MSRE.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimage View Post
    Was your route also created in MSRE and you edited it in TSRE?
    Yes, I just create first tile in MSRE and then I done everything in TSRE. No doubt TSRE is a great software for MSTS route building.