Thread: Speedometer & Dispatcher Screen

Default Speedometer & Dispatcher Screen

I thought at one time I had run across the explanation of what the green speedometer is telling me. I thought it had something to do with the speed of whatever holds the EOT, but what is it really telling me? I've done web searches and even found the manual for an ES44DC. Only one needle shown and the rest, I got buttkiss.

Secondly, I use two monitors. Is there a way to drag the dispatcher screen to the 2nd monitor for an easier way to track without flipping screens?

I would appreciate anyone's information and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sincronicity View Post
    ..... I got buttkiss. .....
    I think you mean "bupkis", or "bubkes".

Or maybe someone really did kiss you on the arse?!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Ahhh, I guess you don't know buttkiss.

But do you know anything about the original posting?

The green needle is called a predictor. It is the speed the train will achieve based on the throttle setting. At this time it is not possible to have the Run8 dispatch screen open on a secondary or split screen window.

Quote Originally Posted by Sincronicity View Post
    .....do you know anything about the original posting?
    Yeah....what Brad said regarding the needle.
    (I wasn't sure whether you were referring to that or the indicator in some loco cabs which shows the acceleration/deceleration rate.)
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I believe you can use the ED on a 2nd monitor or more (but don't quote me on it). Don't have the monitors to try it.

Thanks

Sean

The current External Dispatch program will work in a window, on a secondary monitor, and on another computer (no need for Run8 on the second computer) but it only covers Mojave, Needles & Cajon. There is a commercial ED program in development which will run independently.