Thread: lost a portion of a tile

Default lost a portion of a tile

I looked around to find a few threads that could help restore the tile or portion of a tile that disappeared on me last night. Not sure what to even call it or categorize it. Found some things that were close but not exactly the same issue. Any help or suggestion on a fix would be most appreciated.

THX

CG

CG

Choose that piece of tile than press the right mouse button on it and press "Toggle draw" in menu.
    https://imgur.com/a/BRLwqUc

It looks like you may have turned "OFF" the entire subtile using the Gaps feature

I believe to turn it back on you need to have Gaps+ enabled and click at the subtile boundaries. Some fine clicking will be required

Select patches around it using shift and use draw: show button on the left.

Thank you all for the help! Goku's fix did the trick. I have no idea how it happened but now know how to correct it. Thanks again!

CG
    CG

Would the above procedure for recovering terrain work for this type of occurance?..
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks to me that you have a complete tile missing, and you will have problems getting TSRE to generate a tile here because you have objects on the tile.
    I have overcome this in the past by:
    1. Move the camera over the blank tile and note its number (shown in the small Navi window)
    2. go to the world folder and copy the corresponding .w file (and .ws if it exists)
    3. delete the original .w and .ws files
    4 close and reopen TSRE and navigate to the area. Set TSRE to "create new tiles" and "create terain from Geodata"
    5. Shut your eyes and move over the gap. Open your eyes and hope that terrain has appeared. Save your route.
    6. rename your copies of the .w and .ws files.
    7. close and reopen TSRE

Hope this works for you
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Salsocided View Post
    Would the above procedure for recovering terrain work for this type of occurance?..
    Maybe you are using too old TSRE version with bugged QuadTree support.

Thanks Garry for the reply...and yes to Goku, I'm using v.0.6958. I'll upgrade my version and see if that works.