Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or...?

Cool Is it just me or...?

Am I the only one that finds the little joys in being able to "lay down" MILES of tower/wires, trees, etc., a lot easier in TSRE5 now compared to MSRE? I can lay sidewalks, streetlights, trees (separate subject), power lines, etc., all in THREE clicks!

FWIW, I find a "straight line" across the tile that doesn't interfere with any objects already there or will be in the area, and I then lay 500m single track sections across the tile. Then, using Ron Picardi's HiVolt Towers/Wires, I string up the whole TILE with wires and towers! I even have the "placement" down to a science. The wires are 182.5m long, they are placed at 37.5m high. The towers are then placed every 182.5m at 0.18m in height and -91.5 on the Z axis. The height on both of those are ASSUMING they run across a flat area tile, or near flat!

The results, AMAZING!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Is fun innit.

Randy

Very much so! I can't thank Goku enough for TSRE and its functions!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Second that, though at present I'm sticking with MSTS RE for track and roads, not least because I haven't quite figured, 1. What key combination you use to decline or incline the track or road piece for gradient and how to fine tune the embankment/cutting settings so as not too wide. However for everything else I will be progressively moving across.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Second that, though at present I'm sticking with MSTS RE for track and roads, not least because I haven't quite figured, 1. What key combination you use to decline or incline the track or road piece for gradient and how to fine tune the embankment/cutting settings so as not too wide. However for everything else I will be progressively moving across.
    I do believe Travis posted a good "how to" over on the sticky in the TSRE forum about gradients, but I do know this. AFTER placing said object, before adding it to the T/RDB (Blue lines overhead), you can press R and then using NUMPAD 8 and 2 adjust UP (8) and DOWN (2). You can also use the permille/percent in the properties window. Personally I use 0.25% increments over 10m sections.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

You can also use the permille/percent in the properties window.
    Excuse mild sweary but, bloody hell - that's brilliant. Typing the 1 in xx value in the box is much more carpal tunnel friendly than having to look up the conversion table then twiddle with the mouse and end key in the MSRE. Quicker too. Guess I'm moving my flag all the way across.

TSRE makes route building almost as easy as Trainz and of course full screen easier on the eyes too.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by fchrist16 View Post
    I do believe Travis posted a good "how to" over on the sticky in the TSRE forum about gradients, but I do know this. AFTER placing said object, before adding it to the T/RDB (Blue lines overhead), you can press R and then using NUMPAD 8 and 2 adjust UP (8) and DOWN (2). You can also use the permille/percent in the properties window. Personally I use 0.25% increments over 10m sections.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    That was Vince, and he posted several on gradients which are very detailed

Just looked at that although as noted above already got it figured how to use the data field entry. Also supports 1 in xx format (or -1 in xx going downhill) which is ideal for British route profiles. Dead easy to transition into the gradient too, just a question of how many elements you want between level and the gradient and dividing accordingly.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    That was Vince, and he posted several on gradients which are very detailed
    Thank you for the clarification! I knew it was one of you two, and thought it was you!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Just a couple of views of Cloverdale. Over the years many people have said I "over populate" my tiles. Especially with today's sim, things can be a lot more advance these days.

The FIRST view is looking NE from just over US-101. The SECOND view is closer to ground level looking SE at the Cloverdale Depot and surrounding area. This is a "small object" tile in comparison to others. I have one tile that hits close to 1,500 objects and IS NOT done. I am THANKFUL that the MS_________ trees are ONE object that you can "expand" to the size you want!

Your thoughts on the overall "scene"?

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.