Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Twin Cities to Chicago Mainline

Hey everyone, Now that winter is fast approaching Josh and I have decided to start work once again on the mega route from the Twin Cities to Chicago. Special thanks goes to ebnertra000 for helping me out with the Duluth and Superior areas along with allowing me to merge in the BNSF Brainard Subdivision from Boylston Jct. to Staples, MN in Northern Minnesota into the route. It will make a great addition to the route. Both Josh and I have decided to combined the routes together finally and just work on one route. Lately I have been working in the Duluth and Superior areas along with adding some roads into the route. I have also done quite a bit of fixing up of the TDB along with adding some sidings along the mainlines. I have also been working on fixing up the BNSF Hinckely Sub from the Twin Cities to the Twin Ports. For now I have decided not to lay any more track until I get some roads in place where the routes are finished along with fixing up some portions of my section of the route. As for Josh he has has still been a little too busy with other priorities at the moment to work on his section but he plans on finishing up scale railing the yards by Chicago Union Station along with some scenery as well. As we have said before the route will eventually stretch from Fargo, ND all the way to Chicago on the BNSF and from Northern Minnesota to Chicago on the CP. As for the Union Pacific and Canadian National they will both run from the Twin Cities to Chicago as well. The CN, CP, BNSF and UP will also have a little trackage up in the Duluth and Superior areas as well. We will eventually be putting in the CP ex DME down to the Quad Cities as well as it parallels the BNSF down the Mississippi River all the way down. Eric Olesen has also been a huge help as well when it comes to Josh's end of the route and allowing us to also merge his wonderful CNW Routes as well in the Chicago area. If it wasn't for these 2 great route builders the route would be no where near what it is today. If anyone else would be willing to help out with this route please let us know.

Brandon

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

Hey everyone, First off I want to say that I am finally back on my old account after loosing the old password and having to make a new account. Talked to Nels yesterday and he was able to reset my password so I will be using this account from now on. So all day yesterday and today I have been working on roads for the routes. So far I have the roads that Travis put in his Brainerd Subdivision. I also have been working on sections of the BNSF Hinckley Sub between Northtown Yard and Hinckley. Another thing I have been doing with the Hinckley Sub is rebuilding some of the track and smoothing out some of the grades as it was one of the first routes I built with the old editor years ago. I am also doing the same with the BNSF Wayzata Subdivision and Twin Cities and Western track as well. The BNSF Wayzata Sub and Twin Cities and Western track have been completely rebuilt from the ground up and I have also been working on roads for these 2 routes as well. Wayzata Subdivision from Minneapolis to Delano, MN and TC&W from Cedar Lake Jct. to Glencoe, MN. These 3 subs where the very first ones I built when I started this project years ago with the old editor so I decided to redo most of them. I will have photos soon of my progress once I get more roads in and maybe some other scenery. The CP River Subdivision also has some roads done from St Paul to Minnesota City. After I get the roads done I am going to start on scenery and possibly build the rest of the Staples Sub out to Staples, MN from Big Lake. The track section from Coon Creek to Big Lake is already in place. One more thing I have been slowly working on is BNSF Northtown Yard in Minneapolis and CP Pigs Eye Yard in St Paul. These are the 2 biggest yards in the Twin Cities area and are going to take some time to build. The through track for Northtown Yard are in and I have started building the through track for CP Pigs Eye Yard as well.

Brandon

To give everyone an idea of how massive this route really is here is a track view of the entire route so far. Lots to do still but we are making huge strides in the progress of the route. We still have many more miles to go with track, and connecting a few areas. The main ones are connecting the Staples and Brainard Subs together at Staples along with finishing the BNSF out to Chicago from La Crosse to Aurora. Not to mention finishing up yards, sidings and roads along all of the routes.

Brandon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not bad for progress! I'd be willing to try out the Skally Line if you guys have that line as a separate route and as-is, given the trackwork is complete...

LittleFalls_RailFan

If help is needed I'll throw my hat into the ring. What are you looking for exactly? I'm well versed in most aspects when it comes to route building so what help you need let me know.

The main thing we would need help with is building roads and making custom objects like stations and other buildings in the Twin Cities and Chicago area.

Brandon

Here are a few shots of Milwaukee Road 261 running on the CP River Sub from St Paul to Red Wing, MN

Here are 5 more shots. First 2 are a couple more of the 261 running down to Red Wing and the last 3 is of a curve called Maple Springs. It is by far the most photographed curve on the line from St Paul, MN to La Crosse, WI

Is that the latest 261 or the newest one? Nice loco always loved your versions!

Yes it is the newest/updated version. Still have a little bit of work to do on it sound wise but it runs great. Not only was I testing out the route but I was also testing out the 261 as well. Was pulling 14 passenger cars the Water tender and Amtrak diesel and it performed just fine.

Brandon