Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Twin Cities to Chicago Mainline

My feeling is, if I let any of my routes be merged I will have no say over work that I all ready did. I have everything from Missouri Valley to Fremont to do yet on the old cut off from the Blair(Omaha Sub). I have spineline started as well. Mine might be any use anyway because it is set in 2008 just before the new bridge over the Des Moines River was put in West of Boone Ive taken Craig Hatlestad's Clinton Sub and his Boone sub that he handed to me in person merged the entire route into one. He has since passed away,but I'm trying to finish what he had started.
    I do need help with buildings for my projects but no one wants to help so I got bare grass and just roads!
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

Hey Todd,

Josh and I have talked about this and we feel that whoever wants to merge in there route with our mega route still has full rain on how its built and how they want it done! We want this to be a community mega route and to have fun with it. We don't want anyone to feel as if there route is getting taken away from them. Our whole thought when we started this project was why don't we get others involved and make this a community route building project for the Midwest. Trust me I know where you are coming from. Building models for train simulator and then having someone else take it away and re release it as there own without asking I have had to deal with first hand. If you did help us out it would be huge. The only way we would modify your route is if we had permission to do so. This goes for everyone involved. I have talked to Josh about your concern and he feels the same way I do. He will be chiming in on this as soon as he gets home from work tonight.

Brandon

Just a little teaser of something in the works for this route:

A (very) late running Capitol Limited screams by on its way to Chicago as a venerable SD40-2 yanks a cut of loaded coal hoppers out of the trim yard in Elkhart, Indiana

Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Hi Josh,

That's quite a bit of detail on the Elkhart yard. It must have taken you a while to do that. Great job.

Fred

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

If you guys are wondering what I have been up too I took a break from the route for quite awhile but now starting to get back into it. It has been a rough few weeks for me and needed to take care of a few personal things. Any ways last night I decided to dig back into it and have been adding tiles and maps to future extensions to the route. Here are the results. I have also been helping Josh in his area with converting his area to scale rail along with rebuilding quite a bit of his yards in the Chicago area due to converting everything over to scale rail. I have also started to add roads to some of the areas of the route as well. One more thing I have been working on is expanding the tiles in areas that only had the tiles placed for where the track goes through.

Brandon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great job! Make the Midwest great again! Let me know I can help beta-test some of the routes you already laid down and help with scenery and roads. I have some rolling stock I could repaint exclusively for the SCXY and their newest motive power - by the way I have 2 SCXY SD40M-2's (#1325 and #1326) and I'm planning to repaint SCXY GP9 #1363 using the Mullan Pass MRL GP9.

And yes, thank you for the update!

Zach Bell

Here's a repaint I did using MRL_GP9_109... Looks great for ol' Skally! BUt I do wish the nose handlebars were yellow like on the real thing

Courtesy of LittleFalls_RailFan
    Attached Images Attached Images