Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Twin Cities to Chicago Mainline

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

Yeah Hinckley is full of crossings! Nice sweeping curve through town too! My guess is that was the Hinckley Local you saw. There is also a Northtown Superior and Superior Northtown that runs daily along with a UP Freight and CP Freight up to Superior on trackage rights.

Has Brandon been able to get back to working on the Staples East Sub from Staples to Minneapolis yet??? Otherwise I'd be willing to work on it too, if he doesn't mind.

I have Staples East to Big Lake, which I'm led to believe is where Brandon left off. Staples West is as far as Lake Park, I think. Haven't touched it in months, though

Little Falls (NP) Cass Gilbert Depot

ANY PROGRESS on the Twin Cities Mega Route guys? I'd be willing to help set-up a testing session for portions that are complete

Right now there isn't enough sections that are "complete" to warrant a testing session. There are a handful of single tile sections that MIGHT be able to pass for complete, but due to the sheer size of the route, we are doing it in sections where we work on one specific thing at once, such as a week on track for this area, or a week on foliage scenery in that area, and so on.. This is the method Brandon and I have found works best for us, combined with the process of him working southeast from MSP, and me working northwest from Chitown. It won't be ready for the first testers outside of our extremely selective group of testers for quite some time. I'm sure I don't have to state how absolutely MASSIVE this route is and since, for the most part, it is just Brandon and I doing the "heavy lifting" so to speak, noticeable progress is few and far between. Hence the lack of updates. We do have a few other people helping, but their help is limited to specific projects for the route and its not like we have an entire college campus toiling day and night to get this done. Brandon has a full time job, and I have two full time jobs and an hour and a half commute to those jobs each way. But thank you for your offer. We will keep it in mind going forward.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Where can I download this?

Why isn't there 100% scenery over the entire 1,249 miles of track?

We don't value your time, so will it be free?

(getting all these out of the way now before anyone else decides to post them for real...)

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post

(getting all these out of the way now before anyone else decides to post them for real...)
    Don't forget the follow up...I am getting an error when trying to run this route.

Quote Originally Posted by monon15 View Post
    Don't forget the follow up...I am getting an error when trying to run this route.
    You left that sentence as a fragment. It should have ended "because I knowingly obtained a route that has been stated over and over as not even remotely finished in a less than moral/legal way without you, the creator's, knowledge or consent"

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post

And to answer these, partially out of amusement, and partially because I'm sure there are people asking in their head and trying very hard to resist actually posting,

You cant

Its not finished

Not even sure where it will be hosted, so price (if any) has yet to be determined
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

well the good news is the route is at least connected world tile wise from the Twin Cities to Chicago. Track wise its not quite there yet. We hope to get back to it this fall and winter and make some more headway. Both Josh and I have been taking a break from it over the summer as we both have lives of our own along with full time jobs, and other obligations like everyone else on the forums.

Brandon