Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twin Cities to Chicago Mainline

Brandon,

I've got Staples done from the MN25 crossing in Big Lake to about Detroit Lakes. I did it in Scalerail except for Staples, which I copied from Brainerd Sub. and St. Cloud (I started working on Northern Lines last summer (remember that season?)). Whenever I get round to the last 40 miles or so, I'll send it over

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

Awesome! Thanks for the help! Here is a little shot of what I have been working on lately with merging the routes into place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is what the Chicago area looks like at the moment on the Mega Route.

So I have been working lately in the Chicago area. Slowly merging Josh and my routes together. Here are a couple of progress shots. Let me know what you guys all think. The route will be fully scale rail when completed along with many more miles of track then what is shown here. Josh and I plan on slowly working our way West with the BNSF and CP to connect the 2 so you can run both BNSF and CP Trains from the Twin Cities to Chicago. I will also be rebuilding the Twin Cities area as I ripped out all of the track in that area for various reasons along with reworking some of my routes on my end of the mega route.

Brandon

What an ambitious route!

How much of it is sceniced?

What I think is you should work towards an interim early release as soon as you have a big chunk sceniced. You'll get other people involved who might help and might enjoy what you have so far. And it can serve as kind of an insurance policy in case something goes wrong - at least you have sent at least something out the door that can be enjoyed. Also a sort of back up

Christopher

Here are some screen shots of our progress. Chicago area is first.

Here are some of the CP River Subdivision here in Minnesota from St Paul to La Crosse, WI

The scenery looks intense! One would have to get an updated VC. I might shop for one.
    Rory

Sure does look good!
    Talk is cheap, but photos like that show you've got the goods. Or anyway, you are on your way.
    Christopher

thanks guys! Yeah its a lot of hard work but we are trying our best to try to give the feel of the real routes we are modeling along with trying to make the track work as accurate as possible and not cutting corners like many of the older routes have done. It has come a long ways already with what we have accomplished and it will only get better as time goes on. I am currently trying to finish up the track work for the CP from Portage to Milwaukee.

Brandon