Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Twin Cities to Chicago Mainline

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

You are welcome. This is a huge undertaking but we are determined to make it work and max out the capability of Open Rails and the editor. We originally this project because there are hardly any routes for Open Rails of the Midwest and we figured why not start with Chicago where Josh has lived and the Twin Cities where I am from. Then we thought well why not connect the two and expand even more and the route has kind of exploded sort to speak to where we want to go. If anyone would like to help out is more then welcomed. Just contact Josh or I and let us know where you are willing to help.

Brandon

Brandon, you guys are one of the reasons I'm still plugging away at my latest endeavor: building out the Sacramento and San Joaquin Valley routes, the Bay Area routes, and several others.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Just a little update! Been adding more tiles around the track as was suggested on Elvastower by a few people.

Brandon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by demando View Post
    Brandon, you guys are one of the reasons I'm still plugging away at my latest endeavor: building out the Sacramento and San Joaquin Valley routes, the Bay Area routes, and several others.
    That is awesome! Looking forward to seeing your progress as well. Always been curious about that area of the country as far as route building goes.

Brandon

For anyone interested in seriously wanting to help with the route please PM me and send me your e-mails. I have done quite a bit of work over the last couple of days compressing the route, adding more tiles and I just put in the Mississippi River from the Twin Cities to La Crosse.

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by brandon261 View Post
    That is awesome! Looking forward to seeing your progress as well. Always been curious about that area of the country as far as route building goes.

Brandon

Right now progress is slow, due to many demands (I currently work for a security company full time) but it is an ongoing endeavor. There are a few places were creative license occurs, due to the limitations in the ORTS and TSRE track laying process, but I'll get it done, some day. It's quite challenging to build out everything (particularly large yards) accurately, and I'm a stickler for accuracy. But if your team can build a mega route out of the midwest, what's to stop me from building several mega routes in California? I'll post a preliminary screenshot of my work as soon as Roseville Yard and the outlying area is complete. ETA? Can't really say, for the reason above. It should be less than a month or so, depending on my schedule and family demands.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

I know how that goes with laying yards. Josh and I decided to get most of the mainlines done first and then go back and build yards at a later point. Best of luck to you on your routes! I do look forward to seeing your progress when times allows.

Brandon

Here's one of my contributions to this route as of right now, as I assist Brandon and Josh in building. On the right is the tracks of the Metra UP West Line, and on the left is the CTA El Green Line, with it's Laramie Street station in the foreground. West of this station, the Green Line begins paralleling the UP West Line.

Your map shows UP through Iowa. I have everything from Blair to Frog pond (East of Clinton) 95% complete. Im also working on the spine line but have not made any progress with this. Do not know at this time if I want to give up my work to help this project out or not. My main focus is Iowa.. Do not need several routes over lap if I choose to release these Im doing.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Hey Todd,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We do not want anyone to get upset with what we are trying to do if we do over lap anyone's routes that they are working on so hard on and plan to release. Our focus is modern day operations and we do plan on going into Iowa eventually and all the way to Omaha, NE. I am also planning on doing the spine line as well but modern day. We would like to have the UP/CNW all the way from the Twin Cities to Chicago as well eventually. It would be a huge help to have more on board if you ever want to join in. Erik has allowed us to merge his CNW Routes into our route as well in the Chicago area.

Brandon