Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BNSF Tier-4 ET44C4 and GECX ET44AC Demo Units (Big Blues)

Question BNSF Tier-4 ET44C4 and GECX ET44AC Demo Units (Big Blues)

Will there ever be a BNSF ET44C4 or GECX ET44AC in which the model is based on the TrainSimulations (SLI) Union Pacific Salad Bowl Express Trainset? Trucks are Hi-Ad on both the BNSF and GECX Tier-4's. Is there some way I wouldn't have to use CP ES44AC #9365 as the shape file. I'd rather use the UP #8026 as the base model, as long as there's the distinguishable Tier-4 Radiator Parts and the GEVO can be used as a base. What are your ideas?

My first Tier-4 GEVO in BNSF paint I caught was on the Staples Sub north of Little Falls - it was BNSF ET44C4 #3945. The first model I saw was the winter before (in 2016) with GECX ET44AC's.

I don't know why the UP Tier-4 GEVO's are based on the UP #8026 instead of CP #9365. It sounds kinda fishy

I just plugged that shape into the ES44AH conversions available and it just needs the ace files renamed to the UP 8026 files.
    You will need to manipulate some ace files to fit the color scheme, mostly the F/A. files.
    Last edited by lineman; 02-28-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Thank you! I copied the UP 8026 shape, the CABVIEW and SOUND from the SLI_UP_GEVOs folder for the trainset, then I edited the CP .ACE files so they reflect the shape that was being utilized for the repaint. And it works!

Here's what I did...

UP_C45ACCTE_8026.s --> BNSF_ET44C4_3952.s (an example)
    CP_GEVO_9365a.ace --> UP_GEVO_8026a.ace
    CP_GEVO_9365b.ace --> UP_GEVO_8026b.ace
    CP_GEVO_Brakewheel.ace --> UP_GEVO_Brakewheel.ace
    CP_GEVO_PLATING.ace --> UP_GEVO_PLATING.ace
    CP_GEVOc.ace --> UP_GEVOc.ace

And this is the repaint I got after I used the consist editor...TSRE5 v0.6958 Consist Editor [ c__users_user_desktop_orts bnsf railway trains & routes_orts co.jpg

Would you like a .eng file for an ET44C4?

There are two distinct versions of the radiator/exhaust configurations on the ET-44--the original "squarish" design and the later (and now only new build design as far as I know) "whaleback" design. The original design reportedly had clearance problems at some coal loading facilities, so was quickly replaced by the whaleback design. And, yes, an ET-44C4 OpenRails .eng file would be wonderful.

Sure, an ENG file for the BNSF ET44C4 3-Pack in the F/L would be great!

Oh, and here's a manifest on Charlie Sibaja's MARIAS PASS V5...

Open Rails 3_1_2019 4_28_51 AM.jpg

The three pack are ES44C4. This is an ET44C4, BNSF3948. This is an Open Rails only preBeta, it does not have the tractive effort curves installed (you may not notice).
    This locomotive is very different than an ES44AC. Although some weight transfer is accomplished, the starting tractive effort is a lot less than an ES44AC, and the continuous tractive effort is no more than a Dash 8.
    Unlike most files represent, the ES44DC is also very different than an ES44AC. They look a lot alike, but the performance is quite different.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is true!

I've been working on a spreadsheet with the specification for North American diesel locomotives. While various sources often state somewhat different specifications for certain models, I have found official data on most of the Evolution series locomotives.

Tabela.jpg
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

If you wait about 6-7 hours, I will post a spec sheet for just about everything made in North America. The data comes from a lot of sources no longer available, and some independent testing data I have on various models. We already have almost everything made in North America at a prebeta stage for use in OR, meaning all the file information has been compiled, and the testing is pretty well done, but we have yet to put the calculated tractive effort curves into the files. I have had a bit of a medical problem that is about over, and that has precluded my sitting and calculating for long hours, and especially editing for long hours, so I have been the impediment to getting the project finished. With good fortune, Gerry and I should have everything done in 3-4 weeks (maybe sooner???). One of the things I was hoping for, is that the community test these prebeta files, as some of the new braking data input may create unexpected results. Also, keep in mind, that there is HUGE difference in various .wag files in use, and there may be a mismatch I have not tested. One is really best served to edit EVERY .wag file to an appropriate standard, in a folder before you put them in the trainset. Some early MSTS files had all sorts of fatal errors in them, air compressors that defied restart, units of measure incorrect, couplers designed to withstand a Krakatoa explosion, brakes that stop on a dime and brakes that seem to create perpetual motion.