Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vern, this is just for you.

Red face Vern, this is just for you.

I'm sure you'll enjoy this...........

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

What a little gem of a route! The single line sections seem to be controlled by some sort of shortwave radio equipped tablet.

The thing that always amazes me about watching these Japanese clips is the almost total absence of any litter or graffiti even in the built up areas.
    Vern.

Glad you liked it, mate.

When I was watching it I had google Maps open and followed the route the tram took.....or rather, I tried to follow it.
    Found the line but not necessarily the actual start and finish points.

Yes, like you I am always delighted by the cleanliness and zero-graffiti appearance of the routes.
    Another thing which immediately jumped out at me is the smallness of the cars. Many are "Kei" cars (micro-cars).

That constant melodic chiming would drive me nuts if I was the driver.....I think it always preceded an announcement.

Amongst the rubbish there's always something interesting and educational on YT.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

From the forward view, the trams vaguely resemble the old Blackpool railcoaches.

Got me thinking this would be a nice project to cut my teeth on with the new TSRE editor for MSTS/OR. Tram routes have the advantage of being self contained and in the case of this one fairly simple infrastructure.

Amongst the rubbish there's always something interesting and educational on YT.
    I find most of the Japanese cab rides are very well presented Bruce and increasingly uploaded with high definition video, too.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Got me thinking this would be a nice project to cut my teeth on with the new TSRE editor for MSTS/OR. Tram routes have the advantage of being self contained and in the case of this one fairly simple infrastructure..
    I thought that same thing.....it would be a great route in any current sim and also nice in BVE.

An interesting thing......did you notice the horizontal traffic lights and the fact that they blink (slowly)?

And I also managed to pin down the route and the stops along it.
    If you go to 52:19 in that video you'll see much the same as this Google Streetview shot.......
    https://goo.gl/maps/YmxJWLHBSvw

Last edited by seagoon; 03-01-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Currently plotting the route in Google Earth...
    Vern.

Unfortunately I forgot that MSTS has a nasty geo distortion where Japan is concerned. What should be a 90 degree intersection between the two routes in the city centre is at the angle shown in the picture below. I'm about to do a Transdem extraction into Trainz, see what it looks like there. However this issue of Japan has come up before with MSTS - probably why we never saw many routes created and god knows how Kuju kludged together the two default ones!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.

And here is the same area in Trainz, perfect alignment. Guess I'll be trying to replicate the route in TRS2019, then!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.

Excellent for Trainz, Vern.

It would be great if you could create this little route; I for one would be interested in it.

It's on the list of potential "to do" projects Bruce, after I try and finish up something for MSTS/OR in the new TSRE editor.
    Vern.