Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forced red at station stop

Default Forced red at station stop

Hello everyone, As Openrail introduced "Forced red at station stop" features, this enable the signal to be clear just before 2 min of departure time, but this features produce a problem to me (actually in Indian Railway System); if a particular station having less than 2 min halt time (e.g 1 min or 30 sec) then the train get clear signal instantly as it stop on that station.
    Now my question is how to overcome this problem or is there any way to change this 2 minutes time?

Hi,
    no, the 2 minutes are hardcoded in the OR code. If you want to have a red anyhow you can try inserting an absolute waiting point.

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    Hi,
    no, the 2 minutes are hardcoded in the OR code. If you want to have a red anyhow you can try inserting an absolute waiting point.
    exactly first I thought the waiting point method, but this method is not successfully working for AI.

Hi
    If you are using the signals by Mohsin Patel then the main problem is with the scripts of signals as they were designed purely for MSTS.
    Mohsin did not updated the scripts with many new parameters introduced in OR like Signal Glow, Speed Signals etc as far as I can remember when I was a active OR player back in 2017.
    I suggest you to contact and post this in Elvas Tower forums where all developers of Open Rails are active and they are going to short out the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RailWorkshop View Post
    Hi
    If you are using the signals by Mohsin Patel then the main problem is with the scripts of signals as they were designed purely for MSTS.
    Mohsin did not updated the scripts with many new parameters introduced in OR like Signal Glow, Speed Signals etc as far as I can remember when I was a active OR player back in 2017.
    I suggest you to contact and post this in Elvas Tower forums where all developers of Open Rails are active and they are going to short out the problem.
    Hello RailWorkshop,
    This signal package totally made by our team. This signal package made on the basis of RRI system with new OR parameters and tested by 2 Indian routes and as result it's working perfectly. But my problem is different, I want to remove the Overtaking loop signals from loop lines.

Another approach might be to not use a signal at the station, but instead (if it's possible) set a speed restriction on departure. The Delay In Block rule (DIB sign at the station exit) indicates a 40mph speed restriction after a station stop until the next signal is observed. Don't recall for sure, but I think the ancient FPM Surfliner route had some restrictions like that, but not sure how they were done early in MSTS days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bharatiya_Rail View Post
    exactly first I thought the waiting point method, but this method is not successfully working for AI.
    That should work for an AI train too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeebb View Post
    Another approach might be to not use a signal at the station, but instead (if it's possible) set a speed restriction on departure. The Delay In Block rule (DIB sign at the station exit) indicates a 40mph speed restriction after a station stop until the next signal is observed. Don't recall for sure, but I think the ancient FPM Surfliner route had some restrictions like that, but not sure how they were done early in MSTS days.
    According to Indian railway signaling system if any train stops at any station's loop line for boarding when boarding in process the signal turns red
    So we thought that When boarding time completed and train will get signal to proceed.

For you information, real life signals are controlled by human and the game signal are based on logic in scripts.
    It is sometime not feasible to decode actual signal in simulator.
    I am also struggling with RailWorks Indian Railways Signal System as my default aspect are always clear!

Quote Originally Posted by RailWorkshop View Post
    For you information, real life signals are controlled by human and the game signal are based on logic in scripts.
    It is sometime not feasible to decode actual signal in simulator.
    I am also struggling with RailWorks Indian Railways Signal System as my default aspect are always clear!
    First of all my post is not related to RW, it's about OR, and MSTS/OR doesn't support absolute block signaling or any other expect auto signal. But we just used some alternative way to showing different type of signals 99% same as real world. And as an Indian I suggest you that leave RW and come in MSTS/OR, we will teach you how to make logics and scripts same as real life