Thread: TS19 64-bit editor crash fixes file released today.

Default TS19 64-bit editor crash fixes file released today.

There is a 4.8mb download from Steam into the game today, according to DTG it is for fixes to the 64-bit editor, see here -

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...-available-now

This changes your game version to 66.1b, as to whether this makes any difference to the 64-bit editor is too early to say, so, if it doesn't work, don't shoot the messenger..........

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Call me a skeptic for the time being... I'll hold and wait. Read what others have to say about this update. If it fixes the RE so it doesn't ruin routes OK. But if it further whacks stuff I'm not updating. And I'll also see if this item was indeed fixed, what other parts of the sim DTG screwed up trying to fix it with the update. Seems like updates from these guys cause more new issues than fixing current problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    Seems like updates from these guys cause more new issues than fixing current problems.
    Not as much as when N3V try to "improve" Trainz...
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Not as much as when N3V try to "improve" Trainz...
    I hear you on that Vern! One of many reason I gave up on Trainz. The main reason was my computer at the time just didn't have gusto to handle the sim. After 15 minutes with half of that waiting for the darn thing to load, then update, my computer would be burning a hole thru the table! If I didn't shut it down, it would shut down on it's own to protect its self which was no doubt as good thing.

Well they eventually tamed TANE which was pushing GPU temperatures to >100C - not healthy! However I attempted to do something in TRS2019 the other day, noticed my fans howling like a banshee and Speedfan indicated that was putting the GPU over 100C. By contrast the MS RE and even DTG Editor run at much cooler temperatures. A train sim ain't worth cooking your hardware.
    Vern.

That’s weird. Even my lowly office PC with the nVidia GeForce GTX 750ti runs TS2019 in HD 1080p at 60+ fps on most routes even Stevens Pass and no fans or heat really. Rendering video yes, but TS no.

I was referring to Trainz in the post above not the DTG TS. I have tamed that on the laptop by enabling the 30 FPS lock in Steam Properties.
    Vern.

Oh sorry I missed that.