Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSRE Shape Viewer

Default TSRE Shape Viewer

Next TSRE version will include new Shape Viewer. It already works!

More info:
    http://www.onrails.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68

Does it allow us to see what details are present at each LOD step and what the LOD distances of each step are, like the old one used to do?

Yes, you can select distance levels in the [4] window.

Shape file also contains lod_controls but I never saw it in use ...

Wonderful
    This should allow the modeller to view the LOD and quality control on the shape file.
    Thanks

If you keep adding things to TSRE at this rate. It could easily replace almost all of the old MSTS software that has kept this community going from almost the last 20 years! XD

Quote Originally Posted by stlsf4003 View Post
    If you keep adding things to TSRE at this rate. It could easily replace almost all of the old MSTS software that has kept this community going from almost the last 20 years! XD
    Amen to that!

I'm assuming there are also plans to add a thumbnail function (an option as in MSRE) to the Object bar?
    Vern.

Hi Folks,

LOL - I only use MSTS for two things - RGE and MSTS to generate terrain tiles for DM - that's it...

LOD's and Draw Calls - should be the two most important things to a modeler - would be real nice to have - not as much use to just the vanilla end user though...

Hi Goku,

So is view (6) showing us the number of "Draw Calls" similar to Paul's "Shape Viewer" Hierarchy View ? If so - ouch - LOL - way too many on that model... Why are some of the lines indented under an individual part ?

Also - FYI - there's been a problem with your TSRE Shape Viewer - there are a few steam locomotives that use a translucent box to cover the running gear to artificially induce shade or shadow under the boiler - when viewed in TSRE - it completely mangles the view of these models... Granted - there are not a ton of these models out there but it would be nice to see it fixed if not too much work...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 03-08-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I'm assuming there are also plans to add a thumbnail function (an option as in MSRE) to the Object bar?
    No. TSRE doesn't use Thumbnails but live 3d preview. They are used only in MSRE, but you should use TSRE

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    So is view (6) showing us the number of "Draw Calls" similar to Paul's "Shape Viewer" Hierarchy View ? If so - ouch - LOL - way too many on that model... Why are some of the lines indented under an individual part ?
    Yes, it should show the same info as SV Hierarchy View. Look at the scrollbar, it is only a fraction of the whole hierarchy tree visible.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Also - FYI - there's been a problem with your TSRE Shape Viewer - there are a few steam locomotives that use a translucent box to cover the running gear to artificially induce shade or shadow under the boiler - when viewed in TSRE - it completely mangles the view of these models... Granted - there are not a ton of these models out there but it would be nice to see it fixed if not too much work...
    You have to show me an example.

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    No. TSRE doesn't use Thumbnails but live 3d preview. They are used only in MSRE, but you should use TSRE
    You have to show me an example.
    Hi Goku,

Thanks for the consideration...

Can you download from Elvas Tower ?

Here's a link to an example: http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...mountain-4114/

If not - I'll upload the file to my DropBox account and send you a link over the weekend when I get home...

Regards,
    Scott