Thread: cap entering faulty.

Post cap entering faulty.

I am new to Run8

When I have been playing for several minutes my cap entering keys stop working. At first it works by pressing CTRL+F11 and moving to the end of the train by pressing CTRL+F12. But minutes later, when I move out of the locomotive (F12) I wont be able to enter any locomotives again.

Its still possible to mark a locomotive, but entering the cap is not possible.
    Anyone with knowledge of this???

Quote Originally Posted by Thyge View Post
    ......my cap entering keys stop working................. entering the cap is not possible.
    It's "cab", with a 'b'.

I have tried to replicate your problem but cannot.
    My Ctrl+F11 always works if I am within the maximum distance from the locomotive, so I'm not able to help you.

Perhaps someone else may have experienced this glitch.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Originally Posted by Thyge

when I move out of the locomotive (F12) I wont be able to enter any locomotives again.
    I suspect whats happening here, is that when you leave the locomotive you move around to look at your locomotive or the entire train and end up being to far from the locomotive for CTRL+F11 to activate.

You basically need to be track side to the locomotive or in very close proximity to the locomotive all the time for CTRL+F11 to work.

Cheers

One other thing to check. On the "license" tab of the <f1> menu, make sure that the "dot" is green. The license validation has been known t be dropped on occasion (though this has been fixed with one of the updates). If Run8 doesn't think you have a valid license, strange things will happen.

If as mentioned you get to far from your trains headend you get a message saying so.If possible take a screenshot of the message your getting and post it here.
    Work Safe play hard

I think he's gone away.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I think he's gone away.
    He only had a "Cap" full