Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any good quality IC/IC stand in routes?

At one point the Southern was seriously involved in merger talks with the IC. That would have been interesting. There would be a big dose of extra traffic on the IC from the south that is now mostly moving up the rathole. With the CofG in the Southern fold that would have made a lot of sense.
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by trs666 View Post
    You might try some of these (in no particular order) for IC/ICG 'stand-in' routes:

- Illinois Eastern (fictional)
    - LaSalle, Rockford & Central (fictional)
    - Birmingham (NS-based but running some IC on it works out just fine)
    - Monon-2 (mostly Indiana territory, but is close enough)
    - CN Blackfoot (Canadian route, but parts of it works for some of the IC's more rural branches)

... as an aside, I don't believe that the GMO Springfield Switch route alluded to above is available any longer since the Mophouse site closed down a while back.
    I've already got the Monon-2 route. (Very wounderfull route by the way )

I'll be sure to pick up the other four routes and give them a try!

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    At one point the Southern was seriously involved in merger talks with the IC. That would have been interesting. There would be a big dose of extra traffic on the IC from the south that is now mostly moving up the rathole. With the CofG in the Southern fold that would have made a lot of sense.
    Christopher
    With that being said.
    Are there any good Southern routes on here?

There are 2 Versions of the IC in the Routes Library. One is a Multipart and One is a Single Download. Just Type in IC or Illinois Central and they Should come up. There are also Several Activities Available both Freight and Passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by dkingsburg View Post
    There are 2 Versions of the IC in the Routes Library. One is a Multipart and One is a Single Download. Just Type in IC or Illinois Central and they Should come up. There are also Several Activities Available both Freight and Passenger.
    If you don't mind my asking.

What's the scenery quality like on that route?

Are we talking default MSTS route quality or something a little bit better then that?

Considering the Route was Created in the Early 2000's it's OK probably equal to USA2 but still if you wan't an IC Route that's About all there is.
    DaveK

Quote Originally Posted by dkingsburg View Post
    Considering the Route was Created in the Early 2000's it's OK probably equal to USA2 but still if you wan't an IC Route that's About all there is.
    DaveK
    Just for the hell of it, I think i'll give it a shot.