Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of the Line....

Default End of the Line....

To the TrainSim Community :

Microsoft Train Simulator...... Since Dec 2003, I been uploading repaints and enjoying a world of railroad at my desktop. I learned with the skills of creative hacking and modifying, coupled with the eye of details to bring many fallen flags back to life. Its been quite a journey.. ... Unitl ,I had a scare that forced me to take a break from trainsim. (3 years)

Well, recently I tried getting back into the paint Shop.....and let the nightmare begin. Nothing wanted to work anymore. Aging pc, low frame rates, (@^#*#^&$% Windows, trying to remember how to do things and where I left important files. Trying to get caught up for 3 years ... Trainsim kept crashing, so did Open Rails.....and now a grandson at my ankles.

So...I came to conclusion that Trainsim was not worth my time to rebuild. I had given all I can and its times to move on. ...pull the plug. If I am going to retire from this, then I am going to right with no regrets. This morning, I pouring fresh cup of coffee, sat down and deleted my ENTIRE trainsim and paint shop......everything!!! Sceeter's Paint Shop is officially closed. And with this, I will endulge my little secret to everyone, I AM 30% colorblind !!! Who knew ?????

So, I wish everyone best of luck. Take care and God Speed.

"Deanno"
    Dean Kurowski
    [email protected]
    Deanno
    "wiscentral"
    Formerly Closed Sceeter's Paint Shop

We will all miss your contributions, God speed and enjoy your "retirement".

I second lineman's sentiments! Enjoy the retirement!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Deanno, good luck with whatever you choose to fill the gap and thanks for all the enjoyment you have given us over the years.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

So long, and thanks for all the blanks.

Deanno, I have appreciated your contributions over the years. You made good stuff. I have also appreciated your presence in these forums.

You know, I'm told that mercury is in retrograde and that it causes things digital to not work. There is no point doing it if it isn't fun, but maybe in some future time the stars will shift.

all the best,
    Christopher

Hi Dean, I got a copy of an .eng file before MSTS was officially released. I still enjoy both the trains and the .eng file testing and work. I took a bit of a break, I never wiped the program off the computer, but I didn't post for several years. At 71, my oldest grandson is a senior in high school. Take a break, but keep stopping by the forum, and some day give Open Rails another try if you get the "hankering". I know your contributions will be missed, but even more your presence in the community as a voice we appreciate. Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by wiscentral View Post
    To the TrainSim Community :This morning, I pouring fresh cup of coffee, sat down and deleted my ENTIRE trainsim and paint shop......everything!!!
    So, I wish everyone best of luck. Take care and God Speed.

"Deanno"
    Dean Kurowski
    [email protected]
    Aw man, I'm sure some of us would've liked to finish your projects. And there's some things you haven't re-released, such as the MP20s and MP30s.

Again, thank you for your reskins. Enjoy your retirement.
    Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.

Sometimes you just reach a creative impasse - I know I have to some extent with my route building in whichever of the big three sims. Let's face it, we've been going at this for nearly 20 years - more than that for those of us around before MSTS. Inevitable to burn out or just get jaded with the whole thing. I used to find a short break cleared the mind and got the juices flowing again, but these days the breaks are longer and the juices don't flow very freely!
    Vern.

Thank you, Dean, for all of your hard work and contributions to the community. Thank you for taking the time to help me learn to paint when many refused. I am not as old as you are but I just had to say good by to another friend in just 6 months. I am not going to lie but it made me realize our time is gift and limited and we really need to enjoy it while we can. I'm still painting and trying to finish up some projects i think we need.
    But none of it would have happened without the talented people like you and others who are willing to help and guide others.

Thank you
    Michelle