Thread: Ties without Rails

Default Ties without Rails

Hello, quick question about removing rails from track sections.

With all the abandonment of trackage, has anyone removed the Rails from Track Sections? I tried in SFM by removing the A1CleanTrack1 Texture, which appears to be the one for the rails, and I also changed the Texture Number from 2 to 1.

But now it will not show up in the shape viewer. What else has to be removed from the file? I was experimenting with the Section Track File available here in the F/L. I searched "Track", "Rail" and "ROW" without success.

Not a big issue, but I would like to place some sections of just Ties in grass and such beside the row. Surely someone has used this scenic option? Other than placing individual Ties.

Thank You

Hmmm an idea. You could build rail-less sections in TSM or Sketchup. I follow the DB/US3 style of track. Very easy to build
    Rory

Yes, In the MONON-2 ver 17.
    It is south of Lafayette and Crawfordsville to the town Bainbridge.
    North of the town of Bainbridge the siding ends, the next RR Xing has a removed spur with a grain elevator.
    The tracks have ties but no rails.

I believe if I remember right, I made the shape totally transable using shapeviewer.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Yes, that is the type of scenario that I was referring to.

I thought about making one, but that did not turn out well. Very unrealistic, that is why I figured that if I (you) could take a Dumb Track Section, or the Sectional Track in the F/L, curve or straight and just remove the rails it would give even spacing for the ties as well as a uniform depth. I know perfection would be individual ties laid haphazardly would be best. Most of the ones I like in real life around here are recent, so they have that look of just the rails removed and the ties are relatively undisturbed.