Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Who is...? Need Sound Help!!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK.
    Posts
    6,784

    Default

    I think that the extra close bracket is a "red herring". If the number of streams is correct, and the brackets all match prior to the extra one, it will not be read.


    In the original sms file, the last two streams were mashed together because of missing close brackets. The Vigilance stream will be heard now as it is separated from the E chatter stream.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Worksop, UK
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Hi Baldwin,
    Yes, mate, I think you're right! It all depends on what Frank comes back with this time

    Cheers,
    Ged

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cloverdale, CA, USA.
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Well, that's a WRAP for that sound file! I bumped the 'Sound Detail Level' to 5 and VIOLA! Glorious SOUND! I am going to suggest to TMT to add that in their "notes" for reference. I thank you both for the help.

    Baldwin, with your permission I'd like to send them the revised cab file so they can fix their end.

    Ged, when your hand gets better, let me know and I will reach out to you for other sound help via PM!

    Regards,

    -Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Worksop, UK
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Hi Frank,
    I'm pleased we've been able to fix it for you

    I'm getting better every day, typing with one/two fingers on one hand, so if you've got more Sound problems, just post them, mate. It'd be preferable in this Forum, rather than a PM, because nobody knows everything and a combined effort can give a better/faster result! Look at this example, where Baldwin found the 'embedded' Stream which I hadn't spotted!

    Cheers,
    Ged

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK.
    Posts
    6,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fchrist16 View Post
    Baldwin, with your permission I'd like to send them the revised cab file so they can fix their end.


    Regards,

    -Frank C.
    That's fine with me. Sooner a fixed file than have others with the same problems.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cloverdale, CA, USA.
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Frank,
    I'm pleased we've been able to fix it for you

    I'm getting better every day, typing with one/two fingers on one hand, so if you've got more Sound problems, just post them, mate. It'd be preferable in this Forum, rather than a PM, because nobody knows everything and a combined effort can give a better/faster result! Look at this example, where Baldwin found the 'embedded' Stream which I hadn't spotted!

    Cheers,
    Ged
    Maybe we use this as the "semi-official" sound problem post for my stuff then.

    Regards,

    -Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cloverdale, CA, USA.
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    That's fine with me. Sooner a fixed file than have others with the same problems.
    Sending it off!

    Regards,

    -Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fchrist16 View Post
    Sending it off!

    Regards,

    -Frank C.
    Hey Frank, unfortunately I'm still having an issue. I was given your modified .SMS files; however I am having a persistent issue with the Amtrak SC44's.
    My sound detail level is set to 5, MSTS BIN compatible sound is checked, volume at 100%.
    The issue I have is the engine sound for Notch 3, and Notch 5 are silent, and do not work. I've got no idea why it's not working at all, but. Everything else works fine. Horn, bell, random sounds, notches 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, and 8.
    And this is as well in ORTS

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cloverdale, CA, USA.
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    Hey Frank, unfortunately I'm still having an issue. I was given your modified .SMS files; however I am having a persistent issue with the Amtrak SC44's.
    My sound detail level is set to 5, MSTS BIN compatible sound is checked, volume at 100%.
    The issue I have is the engine sound for Notch 3, and Notch 5 are silent, and do not work. I've got no idea why it's not working at all, but. Everything else works fine. Horn, bell, random sounds, notches 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, and 8.
    And this is as well in ORTS
    I will say this, Notch 3 & 5 does seem to be "quiet" now. I'm hardly ever in those notches with the chargers, so...

    Regards,

    -Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •