Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is...? Need Sound Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Frank,
    Thanks - in that case, I think more specific information is required. What locos? What sounds are missing?
    I'm not a sound guru by any stretch of the imagination, but am a programmer who has a little knowledge of how aliasing works!

Given the same locos and sounds you are using, anybody should be able to reproduce your specific problems, providing everything has been installed according to the appropriate readme instructions, The only exception I can think of, off-hand, is that it's something specific to OR, like if the locos use .eng files in the OpenRails folder, which have not been updated with the correct .sms file/s.

Cheers,
    Ged
    FWIW, I reallllllllly didn't want to name names, but I guess I have to now. It's the Toronto Mainline Trains "Chargers" that seem to have this issue. I do know that another member on the forums here had an issue between notches with sounds disappearing on the PacSurf Chargers.

THIS is the ONLY error line I have for sounds, which when going to that line in the SMS file is ONE of the FIVE CLOSE parenthesis at the end of the document.

Warning: 8 missing Stream(s) in C:\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\TMT_CDTX_SC44_Set1\sound \..\..\Common.Snd\TMT_SC44\TMTSC44eng.sms:line 226

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Quote Originally Posted by superheatedsteam View Post
    If you're using OpenRails make sure the 'Logging' tick box to the left of the 'Start' button is checked. Run the loco with the problem in OR then close OR. Then open and read the OpenRailsLog.txt file (normally located on your desktop).

Check for any errors referencing SMS or WAV files and that will tell you which files can not be found.

Cheers,

Marek.
    I ALWAYS have logging enabled.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Hi Frank,
    Sorry, I don't have the 'Chargers' pack, but the error message seems quite clear !

If you look at a .sms file in an editor, you'll probably see several sections with ScalabilityGroup ( as their first line. Within each ScalabilityGroup will be a Streams ( nn line where nn is the number of Stream lines contained therein.

In your .sms file, the nn value in Streams ( nn doesn't match the actual number of Stream lines. Count up the number of lines containing Stream within a Streams set, then change the nn value in Streams to match the number obtained. I suggest that line 226 is at the end of a Streams set.

NOTE : if the word Stream is preceded by SKIP ( on the same line, do not count it because it has been commented out and is not used by MSTS or ORTS.

Before you make any changes to the file, back it up !

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 03-16-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Frank,
    Sorry, I don't have the 'Chargers' pack, but the error message seems quite clear !

If you look at a .sms file in an editor, you'll probably see several sections with ScalabilityGroup ( as their first line. Within each ScalabilityGroup will be a Streams ( nn line where nn is the number of Stream lines contained therein.

In your .sms file, the nn value in Streams ( nn doesn't match the actual number of Stream lines. Count up the number of lines containing Stream within a Streams set, then change the nn value in Streams to match the number obtained. I suggest that line 226 is at the end of a Streams set.

NOTE : if the word Stream is preceded by SKIP ( on the same line, do not count it because it has been commented out and is not used by MSTS or ORTS.

Before you make any changes to the file, back it up !

Cheers,
    Ged
    Ged,

This in BOLD/UNDERLINE below is the EXACT line that OR is saying is the issue. I have included the 4 STREAMS before it for reference...

Regards,

-Frank C.

Stream (
    Skip ( **** AirBlast2 **** )
    Priority ( 6 )
    Triggers ( 1
    Random_Trigger ( Delay_Min_Max ( 15 22 ) Volume_Min_Max ( 0.3 0.6 )
    PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Spit.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( RandomSelection ) ) )
    )
    )
    Skip ( *** Brake squeal 1 *** )
    Stream (
    Priority ( 6 )
    Triggers ( 1
    Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Dec_Past 0.6 PlayOneShot ( 1
    File ( "Xbrakesqueal.wav" -1 )
    SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
    )
    VolumeCurve (
    SpeedControlled
    CurvePoints ( 5
    0.00 0.00
    0.25 0.70
    0.50 0.50
    0.75 0.30
    1.00 0.10
    )
    Granularity ( 0.1 )
    )
    )
    Stream (
    Skip ( **** This stream allows the Train Brake & Independant Brakes to be played at the same time **** )
    Priority ( 5 )
    Triggers ( 5
    Skip ( **** Tbrake **** )
    Skip ( **** Release **** )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 14 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Xbrakerelease.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
    Skip ( **** Apply {normal & emergency} **** )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 53 PlayOneShot ( 2 File ( "Xbrakerelease.wav" -1 ) File ( "Xairblast.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( RandomSelection ) ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 54 PlayOneShot ( 2 File ( "Xbrakerelease.wav" -1 ) File ( "Xairblast.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( RandomSelection ) ) )

Skip ( **** Ibrake **** )
    Skip ( **** Release **** )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 21 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../GP38/sound/x_gp_airb_ind3.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
    Skip ( **** Apply **** )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 22 PlayOneShot ( 2 File ( "../../GP38/sound/x_gp_airb_ind1.wav" -1 ) File ( "../../GP38/sound/x_gp_airb_ind2.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( RandomSelection ) ) )
    )
    )
    Stream (
    Skip( **** Dynamic brakes **** )
    Priority ( 6 )
    Volume ( 0.4 )
    Triggers ( 10
    Variable_Trigger ( Variable3_Inc_Past 0.05 StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "Xdynbrake.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
    Variable_Trigger ( Variable3_Dec_Past 0.05 ReleaseLoopRelease () )
    )
    FrequencyCurve(
    Variable3Controlled
    CurvePoints ( 2
    0.0 12025
    1.0 17800
    )
    Granularity ( 100 )
    )
    )
    Stream (
    Priority ( 5 )
    Triggers ( 6
    Discrete_Trigger ( 58 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Xcoupling.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod (SequentialSelection) ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 59 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Xcoupling.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod (SequentialSelection) ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 60 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Xcoupling.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod (SequentialSelection) ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 61 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Xuncoupling.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod (SequentialSelection) ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 62 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Xuncoupling.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod (SequentialSelection) ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 63 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Xuncoupling.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod (SequentialSelection) ) )
    )
    )
    )
    )
    )
    Frank C.

What the error is telling you is exactly what Ged put in his post. If the scalability group has the line Streams ( 14 then there should be 14 distinct streams subsequent to that line before the closing bracket for that section. The error is pointing to the close bracket because it is expecting to see more streams there.

So, you have shown us the last 4 streams, but what does the Streams number at the top of that file section say.

For example, Streams( 16 is expecting 16 streams, but if there are only 8 in the section, clearly another 8 are missing, so you adjust the lead Streams count to the actual number found which eliminates the error.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

It shows Streams ( 11 and I count 11 stream ( lines. There must be something else wrong. Besides sending someone who knows more about sms files than my basic skill set, I'm not sure what else to look for!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Hi Frank,
    Can you please attach the complete .sms file, probably in a .zip, to a post?

Any of us can then look at it and, hopefully, put you right

Cheers,
    Ged

Here ya go Ged...Hopefully someone can figure it out! http://sfbayatcs.dyndns.org/ORTS/TMTSC44eng.SMS

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

The file says Streams ( 19 but there are only 11 so obviously 8 are missing. Just change the Streams (19 to Streams ( 11 and error will be gone.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Thanks Baldwin,
    I'm a little incapacitated, typing-wise, due to breaking my left arm!!

Cheers,
    Ged