Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CN Northern Minnesota Route Project

Default CN Northern Minnesota Route Project

This route has been in the works for some time. It includes the former Duluth Winnipeg & Pacific mainline (Superior, WI to the Canadian border at Ranier, MN/Fort Frances, ON), and the former Duluth Missabe & Iron Range lines from Duluth, MN and Two Harbors, MN to the Mesabi Iron Range. A good mix of freight operations are possible, especially iron ore mining-related traffic. Now that I've got all the interactives set up (not much scenery yet, though), I figure I'll toss up a testing version to see if anyone can break it, especially the signals, as I made them specially for this route. If you're interested, do let me know

Blue lines are ex-DWP, while red lines are ex-DMIR

Is the blue the Rainy Sub of modern times? I ride alongside that trackage from Eveleth/Virginia/Mt. Iron/Gilbert up to Ft. Francis on my way up to Ontario each year.
    Cool stuff, Travis - good luck with your project!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

The blue is, in fact, Rainy Sub. I have an image with each Sub marked along with most station names, but it's waaaay too large for a forum post.

Oh, and Neil, your inbox is full

Replied to, and cleaned out some conversations. Should be ok to PM me now.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

It looks like an interesting project. One could add actual buildings alongside the ROW in many spots. I did that with the Blackfoot using GE.
    Rory

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

Wow that looks awesome! Great work!

Brandon

I'ed be interested in giving the route a shot.

Just one thing.

Will i need all the default MSTS routes to run it or is everything custom?

Quote Originally Posted by tie View Post
    It looks like an interesting project. One could add actual buildings alongside the ROW in many spots. I did that with the Blackfoot using GE.
    What do you mean by that? Getting dimensional data for them? Fortunately there aren't many unique buildings outside of Duluth and the mines

A note that I forgot, the route uses USTracks, and a few DBTracks shapes (for bridges). The route does not need MSTS installed to run (no installme.bat or anything), and won't even work right in that sim

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    What do you mean by that? Getting dimensional data for them? Fortunately there aren't many unique buildings outside of Duluth and the mines

A note that I forgot, the route uses USTracks, and a few DBTracks shapes (for bridges). The route does not need MSTS installed to run (no installme.bat or anything), and won't even work right in that sim
    No, I was just wondering how many real-life structures built from scratch you were going to use along the line.
    Rory

I'm interested - I got US1Tracks for my other routes - PM me a ZIP to your project Maybe I can work on some of it too!!!