Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Route - Mexico City - Veracruz "FCM railroad"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-MONON View Post
    Are you going to add interactive (working) switch stands??
    Hi Rick...

Yes once I have completed placing scenario in all the route (1st round)... I am planning to do a second round adding more level of details like: switch stands, more cars, people, animals, more poles and wires (hi voltage), fences in farms, and if is possible to create the tunel #4 - north portal with movement (interactive)..., More lights for night time, and also adding more grass in some towns and farms...

But I want also to do the route Mexico - Querétaro (double electrified line) - Irapuato - Guanajuato

Regards

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

Is really looking nice............
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Do you know what your switchstands would need to look like? I might be able to help

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Do you know what your switchstands would need to look like? I might be able to help
    Hello Travis,

Thanks a lot... let me get some pictures and I will be sending them by email

Thanks and regards

I have no problem either as I have pretty much all the SLI material. It’s a great route.

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    For me -- I have no problem to have your route with SLI stuff because I have several SLI routes myself. For others who want your route but don't have SLI stuff that would be harder for them. Also about the permission for SLI owners and won't hurt to ask.

John
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Quote Originally Posted by sburr View Post
    I have no problem either as I have pretty much all the SLI material. It’s a great route.
    Hello

I will be replacing all SLI signals using Travis's signals but... To be honest I don't think to have time to replace the rest of SLI objects... So I will be happy sharing the route but I don't want to break a distribution rule of "Train simulations"... So I think that would be fear to provide the route for those having SLI Seligman route... In that way I won't be distributing a payware as freeware... Due the owner already have it or paid it ..

What do you think????

Regards

Hi Rodrigo,

One way to distribute the route, would be to takeout the SLI shape and texture files from those folders. The recipient of the route could then use RouteRiter to copy over the necessary files to the route from their own copy of the SLI routes during the route check function. The world and tile files will tell the user what shape and texture files are missing and copy what's needed. Just something to think about. This way you haven't violated any copyright laws and you get to share your work.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Maybe this idea is worth a try -

Send a copy of the route to the owners of trainimulations and ask them what you would need to change before you can release it. They may want to make a FCM Railroad set, or more than one set, if there is a good route to run it on. They can sell so many more sets if there is a good route to run it on. So, they may be eager to cooperate with you!

The worst that could happen is they say no.

Quote Originally Posted by commec61 View Post
    Hi Rodrigo,

One way to distribute the route, would be to takeout the SLI shape and texture files from those folders. The recipient of the route could then use RouteRiter to copy over the necessary files to the route from their own copy of the SLI routes during the route check function. The world and tile files will tell the user what shape and texture files are missing and copy what's needed. Just something to think about. This way you haven't violated any copyright laws and you get to share your work.
    Hello!

That is an excellent idea! I will take that as the plan in case that train simulations doesn't want to distribute it... as you mentioned once I remove all SLI shapes and textures the user will be able to added them with their own SLI stuff...

Thanks and regards

I will be creating a list of shapes and textures removed in order to provide a easier way to identify require files for users once I share the route....

Regards