Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Route - Mexico City - Veracruz "FCM railroad"

Awesome on the videos! This will be a great route to run, and raises the standard for routes once again. Superb job on this!
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Stunning realism!

Breathtaking, amigo!
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by wwhall View Post
    ^I agree with Rodrigoville. I would add that OR needs to improve and expand weather effects. Also, OR needs to greatly improve lighting effects, for both trains and static objects. That, for me, is one of its last major shortcomings, and one where TS20** passed up MSTS/OR years ago. A route like this one would greatly benefit from lighting improvements. I don't buy the argument by some, even some in the OR development community, who say that lighting improvement would put too much demands on the video or computer graphics capability. TS20** manages to do it . . .
    Exactly this.

Robert

I share other videos of interesting parts of the route.. Paso del Macho

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l2cAGz...ature=youtu.be

and Metlac Bridge

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=zNcOU8kLVYc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WOVYxy...ature=youtu.be

Thanks and regards!!

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

The route looks really good in your videos. Outstanding job!

Question on operating practices?

Is it common for there to be no gates or flashing lights at crossings in Mexico? Just seems odd for the location and the speed of the trains.

Observations on things to improve.

Maybe add some crossing pads to the crossings?

There is some nice ones in the file library. Looks a little weird having the rails sit above the road like they do in the video.

Robert

Hello Robert,

In real operations the speed is slower that my videos, I have to control my self... I have still pending to define the real speed of every part of the route according with Ferrosur Operation Guide, placing the speed plates and I have also pending to place W signals for crossings (I started with some)...

Speed should be:
    - mountain areas: 30-35 miles per hour,
    - flat areas: 45-50 miles per hour

There are some parts of Mexico where Ferromex already installed crossing gates with lights but just for key crossing points... This another topic in my route I should find crossing objects more real to the ones existing in Mexico... Definitely and unfortunately we don't have those as the ones I saw in San Diego two weeks ago... Very nice ones and effective.... There is not excuse to say I didn't know the train was approaching...

And I will keep completing the supplementary objects and items to the route... Speed plates, W signals, etc... Then I have the challenge to replaced all signals system (Travis's signals)...

Thanks and regards....

What do the trackside signs look like? I've got a set mostly done and may have something similar to what you need. I could probably make a road crossing sign to Mexican standards as well (provided I can find some standards somewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    What do the trackside signs look like? I've got a set mostly done and may have something similar to what you need. I could probably make a road crossing sign to Mexican standards as well (provided I can find some standards somewhere)
    Thanks a lot Travis here are some shots of Mexico speed signals and W signals (horn)

In this order
    Picture1: Speed signals, one plate (as the image) with the range of speed applying for all trains, double plate to define passenger and freight speed..
    The pole is quite tall 32fts approx

Picture 1 and 2: For whistle (W), there are two types 1) with a X (square plate) and 2) with a S (diamond plate), 9ft tall... Just without the bottom plates "3" and "T" in the pictures...

Picture 4 and 5: Rail road crossing without gates and lights

It would be great to have those for the route... I could create the shape objects but I don't know how to create the functionality as speed or crossing...

Thanks and regards

Installing all crossing signals designed by Travis... It couldn't be better.... High level of realism!!

Is a long way to place all signals along the route but the signals will provide a fantastic details for crossings...

Thanks and regards...