Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Route - Mexico City - Veracruz "FCM railroad"

And the new part of route completed with full escenario and hight density of vegetation arriving at Córdoba Veracruz km 318 of 418 (total length)

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

VERY nice! I like it!

Trainman

Thanks for your comments!!!

The 20Gbytes of Google maps make it possible to have a nice realistic views!!

I will keep working in the rest of 100kms

Regards

Excellent work. Look forward to seeing more progress shots, and ultimately running the route.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Hello! Thanks for your comments!!

Yes I will keep posting the progress approaching to the last 100kms, complexity medium! The worst part is already completed!!

Regards

Looks awesome. Up until now, I knew very little about the railroads themselves in Mexico. Watching the construction of this route has been both a learning experience and an appreciation of your great talent as a route builder!
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Damn dude, very impressive is a under statement at how excellent that route looks. Keep up the good work! Hope to run this one day.

Quote Originally Posted by sburr View Post
    Looks awesome. Up until now, I knew very little about the railroads themselves in Mexico. Watching the construction of this route has been both a learning experience and an appreciation of your great talent as a route builder!
    Hello thanks Stephen, I appreciate recognizing my work...

From the point of view of engineering is very interesting the way they passed the track across the mountains for descending the Acultzingo District... Placing 32 tunnels and doing loops... when you are climbing (north) or descending (south) is impressive the levels of tracks passed at the mountains... is like if you were asking ?how is possible that I was at that level?

And considering the District of Acultzingo is the new way to pass the mountains.. the old track used to have less tunnels but with a profile of 4% that was replaced for a average of 2.5% to 2.7%

I am approaching to the area where is located the Pensil Bridge that is a Tunnel-Viaduct and bridge at the same time I will post shots of the area when it is completed...

Thanks and regards!!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjedi1 View Post
    Damn dude, very impressive is a under statement at how excellent that route looks. Keep up the good work! Hope to run this one day.
    Hello Jason, thanks a lot for your very positive comments!

I will very happy sharing this route once I complete it... I am approaching to the last 100kms and also I will be working in the two big yards at Mexico City and Veracruz City... but mostly the Mexico yard will represent a big challenge... Areas with 99 tracks that I am thinking in placing just the most significant part of the yard to make it functional..

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by sburr View Post
    Interesting data...

https://maps.app.goo.gl/D3DTVjHe1NDuEtoB8

Going South at this point the new track going to the right and the old disappeared track going to the left...

Is interesting following the old path to see how the engineers passed the track in the mountains at 1800's, there aren't rails anymore, some tunnels already collapsed and there are some remaining parts of the historical Wimmer bridge... (See picture - build by British Engineers)

Then the new and old track should be joined at this point (I mean should because old was removed)

https://maps.app.goo.gl/CdJZAWDe5iJvweRr8

Regards!