Thread: Slightly Misleading Advertising!

Default Slightly Misleading Advertising!

From in the game the 4EPB (UK third rail EMU) shown as £4.79. Put in cart but on opening the main Steam store window is back to full price £11.99. Looks like someone forgot to update the game (or Steam).
    Vern.

I thought this extra March Madness Sale was only available on the DTG website, Vern, so, you won't see any price changes on Steam any longer, I think their next sale is Easter now. Of course, by purchasing anything through the DTG website you can't get a refund if you don't like the product, so, I only ever get something that I will always play with.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Strange then, Steve. As noted above, the DTG shop redirected to Steam where the full price appeared in the cart. As you say, wisest course of action is wait for the proper Steam sale with the option to refund if the add-on turns out if the add on turns out to be a load of tosh.
    Vern.

Hmmm, well, it shouldn't redirect you to the Steam page at all, Vern, that's very confusing, I assume you have created a personal account through DTG???
    I've just clicked on the 4EPB and gone through the process of buying it and it behaved as it normally does, they offer 3 ways of buying anything, Paypal and 2 types of credit/debit card payments you need to click on the appropriate choice, it's all quite straightforward and you don't go anywhere near the Steam website page.

These are the pages you should see as you click through the purchasing process, I've missed out my personal info. page, obviously -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 03-21-2019 at 06:43 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

No I don't get that Steve. Probably got a DTG account somewhere but not that important now - I'll wait for Easter.
    Vern.

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

I couldn't even create an account on DTG, I was redirected to Steam??

Not that I care, I mainly use my Rich Garber routes paid for and downloaded
    from allaboardrails.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

ATM I'm mainly flying in Elite Dangerous, off to Beagle Point again!
    Vern.