Thread: Seligman v2 for OR

Default Seligman v2 for OR

Has anyone other than myself experienced "phantom" signals along this route?

I am currently into the "piggyback" Activity from west to east and every so often I will get what I've come to think of as a phantom signal; it is always red, appears alongside the line in all views, external and cabview, but the F4 monitor shows nothing at all.
    Passing it brings no warning and hitting Alt+Tab to get permission to pass it brings forth nothing but silence.

Peculiar!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

You may use TSRE to remove this signal.
    If the signal shape appears in the Sim but NOT in the F4 Track Monitor display that means it is present in the World file but not in the Track Database. IT can be safely deleted as it's an 'orphan shape' without any function and no link to the TDB.

Additionally when using TSRE and when at the location there is one additional check. Set the View Menu to Display TDB Items.
    If the signal is in the TDB then a Black Cube will display just above the 'normal' signal red pyramid icon.
    No black cube (and no red pyramid) means the signal is not in the databases and can be safely deleted.

The above described type of failure is merely annoying but it's when you see a red signal in the Track Monitor and there is NO signal shape that's a show stopper.

But even these bad boys can be eliminated with TSRE. A Black Cube (TDB Item) WITHOUT a correspondind red pyramid is a 'Phantom Signal'. Described at Steam4Me by the way.
    The Black Cube is selectable AND deletable. But be so very careful not to delete Black Cubes that HAVE a corresponding Red Pyramid with them. Nuff said!

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Vince.

I don't use the Route Editor so I'll just leave it as is now that I know it doesn't do anything.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, Vince.
    I don't use the Route Editor so I'll just leave it as is now that I know it doesn't do anything.
    You're welcome.
    Maybe you should give the new editor it a try . . . Just backup the route folder before any action with TSRE.

But watch out! You may be bitten by the 'build' bug, for many trying the new editor, a pleasant experience.
    Nothing like the old buggy editor.
    Been using it heavily for two years now and it gets a big 'thumbs up' review on this side of the pond.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"