Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Run 8 V2 Update 7

Default Run 8 V2 Update 7

Update 7 to Run 8 V2 is out!

Oh Yeah, the Bakersfield Sub in now available as well!

Graphics seem slightly improved with update 7.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Graphics seem slightly improved with update 7.
    Mike....from the update note on their download page:-

The 7th update adds a mo-betta distant terrain system for the southern california routes which came out very cool! Reefer and autorack cars have been added to the AI traffic generation of mixed intermodal trains. And also fixed an issue wih the RailDriver and alerter button. There is a few more things added including more scenery in the Bakersfield area and some other squawks that were reported. Thank you for your feedback we really do appreciate it.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Hi Bruce, i re-installed Run 8 this morning buddy.

Does look improved, so i am hoping to get the new Bakersfield Sub on Friday.

Apart from the slightly "old world graphics", it is the only train game worth having installed.

In my opinion, of course Bruce.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mike, if & when you get your hands on Bakersfield-Sub, you'll need to follow-up with reinstallation of update7. That same method goes for any fresh install /reinstall of CA-subs. update7 needs to follow if wishing to take advantage of latest tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    Mike, if & when you get your hands on Bakersfield-Sub, you'll need to follow-up with reinstallation of update7. That same method goes for any fresh install /reinstall of CA-subs. update7 needs to follow if wishing to take advantage of latest tweaks.
    Hang about, Scott!
    Are you saying that the installation sequence should be Bakersfield and THEN update #7....that the update needs to be installed last, after a new route is installed?

I installed the update before the Bakersfield add-on, so maybe I'm not seeing any changes?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

@seagoon
    a quote from the update 7 change log

"NOTE!! Please make sure you install or reinstall the latest V2 Update AFTER installing any of our routes or their updates! This way, you will always be correct and current"

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    Many thanks for the info Scott, much appreciated buddy.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ht-57 View Post
    @seagoon
    a quote from the update 7 change log

"NOTE!! Please make sure you install or reinstall the latest V2 Update AFTER installing any of our routes or their updates! This way, you will always be correct and current"
    Okey-dokey......thanks for the heads-up, Scott.

I will now reinstall the #7 update and will expect to see amazing stuff!!