Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Run8 V2 Bakersfield Sub release

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I've been using the one at Bakersfield M2, which is a westbound spawn point.
    You must have created your personal trains as west bnds, if indeed on M2 from Bakersfield, as the default spawns are east bnd.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    You must have created your personal trains as west bnds, if indeed on M2 from Bakersfield, as the default spawns are east bnd.
    Quite right.
    Sorry, I was incorrect in saying that it was a westbound spawn point.
    What I had done, in fact, was to load up the yard itself with consists, all headed west, and then injected them into the world as needed.

It was late and I was tired....my excuse for the mistake!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    What was the "oops" for?
    Double post. Can't find a delete button.

My miles in front of me comment was because he obviously thought of the idea first. A compliment if you will.

Haha, just hit the edit button to look again for the delete option. I'm an idiot.... lol.
    Last edited by Aussie_FX; 04-01-2019 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Found the delete button!

A spawn point in each yard's departure track, or at least a few of them, would be a great help to both single- and multi-player operations. It might be a bit tricky where the average train length is longer than the typical departure track (most of WC, for example). We can at least fudge it for now by spawning outbound WC trains at Cedar, but at Barstow this would be incredibly handy, and more realistic than the current EB spawn at Lenwood. The intermodal yards and intermediate points like BK/BAK would benefit as well.

When I get the time, I start thinking of ways I can make something happen that seems difficult or impossible.

There is one little work around, but of course it still requires a train master or someone to do the ground work and get it happening. What you can do is allow a spawn point at one of the AI WB spawns further east around Barstow.

These steps are for using Bakersfield Sub only and is just an example.

1) Set up fleet signals WB for the AI traffic to find a way west
    2) Go about your business in Bakersfield switching and dispatching just the Bakersfield Sub
    3) When you are in between jobs find those AI jobs on Mojave Sub and jot down an estimated time. Keeping in mind there is EB traffic as well as IM's are faster than manifests etc.
    4) Select the closest service and copy to the TMU then delete the train.
    5) Set a conductor location for where you would like to spawn traffic in be it past Kern Jct or further west. You could create more than 1 if you have some traffic that doesn't interact with Bakersfield Yard vs others that do. Use Shift 1 and Shift 2 for those examples.
    6) Spawn the train at said location on the TMU then save the train file perhaps with an ID, Date, Time or whatever to identify.
    7) You can always spawn the next train from your save you just can't AI it without going there.
    8) Once you have another moment or break in traffic go to the spawn and set to AI. You can hold train at a signal until it's actual arrival.

Now that is a complicated PITA to do, but it is doable. If you have a session with more than 1 person you can set this up. Again I'll try and see what I can come up with as far as an RTS solution when things calm down for me on the home front. But for now the manual set to AI would still be required for WB's.

If you just fleeted them as mentioned before the IM's will eventually catch up to the slowest freight on the pass. Perhaps that is something you don't care about.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Hontz View Post
    A spawn point in each yard's departure track, or at least a few of them, would be a great help ....l.
    I'll second that emotion.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0