Thread: Searching for a shape file

Default Searching for a shape file

Would you all be so kind - when you have the time, to see if you have the "Alt370r1d.s" files in your Global folder? Missing this file and it has me stalled on a restart of a project. Drop it in my message box if you have it.

Thanks in advance and much appreciated!
    Tom

Hi Tom,

The closest I have is A1t375r1d.s and I thought I had all the XTracks in my master global folder.
    I also looked in my GLOBAL\TSection.dat and it's not listed there either.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Hi,

Well there's a bust. It used to be here, a file called tracks1. Contained a large selection of 1 d curved A1t shapes. Oddly, Jean Brissons's DIY route project lists it as necessary, the name is in blue, but it won't connect.

It is in the Tsection 44 Beta, track shape #14818. The _Info line for that block may explain why it isn't here.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

Doug,

The shape "Alt370r1d.s" file appears to be my Tristate mini-route Global directory. Also in DougsGlobal8-27-16.zip

Hi Lanning08,

Yes, I put it there when I added the zipfile tracks1 to my global. The date on my copy in my baseline Global folder is 9/9/2011.

Vince, I'm not saying you are wrong. Especially if you are using Tsection 45 or newer. If the TrackShape numbers these shapes used as well as the TrackSection numbers have been reassigned and used in even newer track shapes, this is going to drive many, many people nuts.

I have not had the time to examine the TSection.dat since 44Beta. I still have a bone in my craw from when the a2t150mstrt and the a2t200mstrt fell off the TSection system back when Okrasa Ghia gave up control of the TSection

Doug Relyea
    Last edited by drelyea; 03-25-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling

The readme in tracks1.zip states that the minimum Tsection is 40. The set was made by JKY. The trackshape in the OP is still listed in tsection 46
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Hi,

Thanks Baldwin, that at least changes it from Impossible to merely Difficult.

Doug Relyea