Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: First Time Building a Model for MSTS/Open Rails

Awesome to hear!!! Here's hoping to get some more detailed Viewliner Sleepers and a Viewliner Diner!

Those would be very awesome, and a much appreciated project!
    Founder/owner of the California Pacific Railway, NorCal Rail Shops

Big thanks to all of the content creators out there, both payware and freeware, for keeping this hobby alive!

Baggage/Dorm exterior mostly complete. Might make sense to just release the updated beta for the Genesis engines, then just do Amfleets too and release the whole thing as a set? Might as well, I guess.

I COMPLETELY forgot the Viewliners were having a BAggage-Dorm car. Wonder what train services those will be equipped to; also Amfleets as well? Sweet.

I'm not opposed to that as a whole set to be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    I COMPLETELY forgot the Viewliners were having a BAggage-Dorm car. Wonder what train services those will be equipped to; also Amfleets as well? Sweet.

I'm not opposed to that as a whole set to be honest!
    I think I saw one on the eastbound Lakeshore Limited the other day, but it could've been the diner. It flew by doing track speed and the diners have a pretty similar look to them. But yeah, if I'm doing Viewliners now I might as well do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Yogurt View Post
    I think I saw one on the eastbound Lakeshore Limited the other day, but it could've been the diner. It flew by doing track speed and the diners have a pretty similar look to them. But yeah, if I'm doing Viewliners now I might as well do it all.
    Gotcha! Interesting looking up some vids of this.

Also yeah, I mean hey why not do it all in one go there, you're right for sure. Going to be interesting on a side note to see what replaces the Amfleets.

Viewliner's render is same as before, but here's it alongside the Amfleet II coach.

Objectively the Viewliners are much prettier cars.

Lots of behind the scenes work going on. Genesis engines just need the cab completed (cab signals, some textures), and Amfleets and Viewliners are modeled and need UV mapping and textures.

Here's the Viewliners, ordered Bag/Dorm, Baggage, Diner, sleeper, Amfleet II coach. Not much of a point to do passenger cars unless you can ride in em, so interiors will be done for all car types. I've already modeled the interior of the Amfleet II coach (planned cafe varient as well.) Lots on the plate at the moment, appreciate everyone's patience.

Looking ABSOLUTELY fantastic! VERY much looking forward to them! By chacne would photos I have of the Viewliner Diner's interior be of use to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    Looking ABSOLUTELY fantastic! VERY much looking forward to them! By chacne would photos I have of the Viewliner Diner's interior be of use to you?
    Yes yes yes! Working on its interior at the moment. Anything you got I'll take!

Last edited by Strawberry Yogurt; 06-19-2019 at 10:52 PM.