Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: First Time Building a Model for MSTS/Open Rails

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Yogurt View Post
    Yes yes yes! Working on its interior at the moment. Anything you got I'll take!

NICELY done so far! And her eya go, these are all the shots I got of the interior.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TmwErNsQGCSzosLK9

HOLY crap, that is SPOT on!

Hey just wanted to drop in and check on things, and if there's anything else I can do to help? ALso had a question as to whether Amfleet Is are gonna be part of this, too?

Those look really good.

My-O-O-My, that's gotta be some of the finest interior work I've seen.
    Well done.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hi folks - just dropping an update on a few things. Work has picked up a lot for me lately and hasn't left a lot of time to work on textures.

The Viewliner dining car is indeed in the game, and I've attached a picture of what it looks like. Still some work to do in here, but satisfied with the progress. Need ambient occlusion baked in and some more details, that blue wall at the front is supposed to be frosted glass. That will be transparent.

As for the locomotive, it's been hovering around 90% complete while I try to work on better UV mapping. The exterior at the rear is a total mess, and honestly with how much I've learned, a complete remodel wouldn't be a terrible idea. It's like trying to put lipstick on a pig, and poor Mr. SD40-2 has been trying to deal with the subpar unwrapping. It's not something I was or am particularly good at, especially since the mesh was such a mess.

The Amfleet II coach is still in the modeling stage, the interior is complete but along with everything else, needs textures. I was planning on releasing those for a small donationware cost, yet to decide on exactly what that will be.

I have no current plans to do Amfleet Is but anything is possible in the future.

And a screenshot from another user of the locomotives - they're almost "good enough" but not quite there as a complete package.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Yogurt View Post
    As for the locomotive, it's been hovering around 90% complete while I try to work on better UV mapping. The exterior at the rear is a total mess, and honestly with how much I've learned, a complete remodel wouldn't be a terrible idea. It's like trying to put lipstick on a pig, and poor Mr. SD40-2 has been trying to deal with the subpar unwrapping. It's not something I was or am particularly good at, especially since the mesh was such a mess.
    I think you're being hard on yourself sir, but yes, these have been a pain to work with. But I really love how they're coming together.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.

What I've seen so far looks great! Also thanks for the update, much appreciated and understandable!